Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Holiday Home Tour - Christmas in a Cozy House

Welcome to our home!
I'm so happy you are here! I know you can't stay long as you will be carrying on your way visiting all the fabulously decorated homes on the Holiday Home Tour. However, I hope you have time for a quick look around.






I am thrilled to be a part of this Blog Hop hosted by 


Have a seat and rest a bit and I'll point out a few of my decorations around the living room.



Rather than saying we live in a small house, I like to think of it as a cozy house. And yes, there are many improvements/reno's that I wish were done especially before giving you this tour.  I find, particularly at this time of year, it is easy to get caught up in"comparing and wanting".

However, I try to remember this quote by Epicurus
Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not.
But remember, what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.

With that in mind, I'm going to be thankful for all that God has blessed me with and remember His greatest gift to us in sending his Son to be our Saviour - the reason for the season. 


Please come along as I show you how I decorated our 
cozy house for Christmas.
I know everyone is super busy getting ready for the holidays, so I'll just let you peruse the pics and will keep my chatter to a minimum.

To see more of my Christmas Fireplace & Hearth, click here.







The Living Room




















To see more pics of this nativity display, click here.





To see more of my Christmas Etagere, click here.



The Dining Room - click here to see more of my 
Canadian Lodge Christmas Tablescape.





The Kitchen





You can see more of this display, here.



The Main Bathroom








The TV Room














Thank you so much for stopping by! 
Hope you enjoyed seeing my Christmas decorations.
I'd love to have a little snack together before you leave.

Bye for now! Have fun as you continue on the 
Holiday Home Tour
  Click on the links below to see some fabulous homes all decked out for the holidays.


Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Saturday Sparks on Pieced Pastimes
Share it One More Time at Everyday Home
A Bouquet of Talent Saturday at Life on Lakeshore Drive
Sundays at Home at Love of Home
Silver Pennies Sunday at Silver Pennies
Dishing It & Digging It at Rustic & Refined
Celebrate Your Story at Celebrate & Decorate
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life
Tuesday at Our Home at Our Home Away From Home
Tutorials & Tips at Home Stories A to Z
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Fall into Fall at DIY by Design
Creative Ways at Posed Perfection
Share Your Style at Essence of Home
Share Your Cup at Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Home Matters Friday at Life with Lorelai
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Foodie Friday & Everything Else at Rattlebridge Farm
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

34 comments:

  1. Ohhh Lori! I read your quote from Epicurus and then you show me your absolutely gorgeous fireplace. That, I do not mind dreaming about having! Your home is simply magical and beautiful! I love the touches of birch and those ski's, everything is so pretty.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, I love your home! I also love the Epicurus quote you posted here, but there's no need for comparing and wanting - you are so blessed, really. Your decor so appeals to me in my love of masculine/feminine. I think it's a wonderful blend with so many thoughtful touches for the holiday season. The DR and kitchen would have to be my favorites, seeing as I love plaids. Your etagere decked out for Christmas is perfect, but that suitcase filled with hot chocolate goodness steals the show in its overall display - wonderful!
    Cheers to a wonderful holiday season. I look forward to following your blog, not just in tours together, but in everyday posts!
    Rita C at Panoply

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are certainly blessed with a beautiful home! Your warm, festive decorations give it such a cozy, inviting feel! You've truly captured the magical spirit of Christmas! That hearth is amazing! Love your Nativity, and yes, you are so right, we should always be mindful of the real reason for the season! :) ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, your home is decorated beautifully from top to bottom. I love the quote that you shared. It's just an important rule to follow in all areas of life. Your attention to detail in every room is a feast for the eyes. I see so many lovely scenes to savor. Thank you for sharing on the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lori, first of all I love the quote! Your home is full of holiday wonder and magic! You have been very busy decorating and it all looks so merry and bright! I must say I gasped when I saw the TV room, that tree is gorgeous!! LOVE the aqua! Wishing you a very happy holiday!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your home is lovely! I read a quote recently that said...someone would love to have what you have....regarding how we feel bout our own homes. It is so true. We downsized to a smaller, less stylish house on one acre from a farm. It's about what we do to make our houses into homes. You are very artistic and I loved your tour! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This deserves way more than a quick look around! You put a LOT of effort and elbow grease into this decor!!! I especially love the fireplace mantel with that magnificent display!

    Merry Christmas to you and yours! Enjoy all the beauty you've worked so diligently to create around your home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lori, I have so enjoyed your Christmas Tour this morning! Your home looks so warm, cozy, and inviting. Your home looks beautiful adorned for Christmas! That mantel is gorgeous!!! You are very talented, and I always love seeing your photographs on my Instagram. Thanks so much for taking me on the tour! I hope that you have a very happy and merry Christmas season!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You went all out! Your home is very cozy and the decorations are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I don't know where to start. You have quite a few holiday pillows that are so festive and pretty. The way you styled your Nativity in a cloche sitting on a cake stand with the animals underneath is so clever and the entire vignette is striking and meaningful. That was very creative.
    Love your lighted garlands and wreaths and beautiful tree with a fabulous star. The birch logs in the basket on the hearth and the tray of birch candles and pinecones and berries stand out to me. Truly every nook and cranny is decorated very nicely to create a wonderful ambience to celebrate the season.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its Kristy from Starfish Cottage- Blogger always signs me in as my daughter, Hayley- I wish I knew how to change it! Anyways- I absolutely love your home and all the gorgeous holiday decor. Wonderful job! Its been so fun blog hopping with you this week...have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your home, indeed, is cozy and warm and inviting. You've made it even more so by your holiday decorations. All of the work and effort is well worth it. I wish you a wonderful Christmas season and a new year full of blessings.
    Linda @ A Toile Tale

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've made your home cozy and beautiful!
    Well done!
    Blessings from Harvest Lane Cottage,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lori, a perfectly warm, cozy, and welcoming home...your fireplace and hearth are so beautiful and what a stunning tree! I love your nativity under the cloche! There are so many lovely details...all dressed to celebrate Christmas. Wishing you a wonder-filled season of celebrating the birth of our Savior! ~Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lori, your home looks beautiful! I just love your style and everything you do. Your home looks so warm and cozy for the winter months. Take care, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lori, I love all of your beautiful, warm and cozy decor. Your home is stunning! I love your words of; Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not.But remember, what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for. WOW! So very true. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, Lori, every room in your home is so "cozy" and decked for Christmas. Bravo, it all is just beautiful. Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Lori, Everything is just lovely and cozy! There were so many elements that I like that it's hard for me to single one out! Well done! Blessings, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lori, I can just hear the crackling fire in the hearth, with light playing on the garland and wreath. I adore the bells hanging in the mirror. Your Christmas pillows are extraordinarily beautiful, and your Nativity is a beautiful reminder of Christmas' true meaning. I could linger for days by your iron shelf, admiring the gorgeous vignettes. The sparkling trio of jars in the kitchen look tell the story of a winter wonderland. I LOVED visiting with you!Wishing you a Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your home looks so cozy and comfortable. I love all the garland and lights makes for a fun, festive feel.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I enjoyed seeing your home all decked out for Christmas. Your mantle is gorgeous and of course I love all of your plaid. Yes, it definitely is cozy! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  22. I don't think your home looks small, and actually cozy sounds very nice anyway! I am loving that stone fireplace, just beautiful! All your your holiday touches are just perfect! The shelves that are decorated from top to bottom make such a Merry Christmas statement. Your table fits in beautifully and I like how you tucked your Nativity under the pretty glass dome. Those vintage snow skis look so perfect on the wall in your TV room, they look like they belong there year 'round. Thank you so much for being a part of the blog hops! I wish you and your family a blessed Christmas and holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love every single thing in your cozy house at Christmas, but the etagere is my very favorite. So pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you so much for this wonderful tour. Your home is beautiful! I love the trees and the fireplace is gorgeous! Love that tablescape too! Wishing you a VERY Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lori, this is all just beautiful! You've left no detail undone and your home is welcoming and so pretty. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. You have a lovely home and it does look all cozy. I love the fireplace decor, it's gorgeous. Thank you for sharing at Dishing it and Digging it link party.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lori- I love everything you've done. Your fireplace is beautiful and I love how you did the garlands. Your tree is gorgeous! I love your tv room and the way you decorated it. The skis on the wall along with the ski poles are classic and I love how you did the tree with the blue accents throughout. I have a small home too. The living room was an addition and may make it seem like we have a big home but we really don't. That Epicurus quote is perfect. Cheers to appreciating what we have!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lori, The hearth, the tree, the details...all so beautiful Thanks for the inspiration. Have a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This year I am loving the blues! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your holiday home is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  31. The working expenses to prevent clients from moving without end. That is the point at which I enlightened him concerning Merchant Cash Advances! Cash Advances San diego

    ReplyDelete
  32. Nice Blog, visit Mutual Fund Wala for the best Mutual Fund Advise and Investment Schemes.
    Investment Advisor in Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  33. I wish I had a friend like you that could come over and help me decorate! I change my decor every season, s/t monthly, and my family likes it, but you have that special touch. Or maybe it's that you have no paper clutter : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".