Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Canadian Lodge Inspired Christmas Tablescape



Thanks for popping in to see my entry in the Holiday Tablescape Blog Hop hosted by Chloe at Celebrate & Decorate.  I'm so excited to be joining in!




With 23 talented participants, there will be lots of inspiration for setting your Christmas table(s) so be sure to check out the links at the end of my post.


Living in the mountains of BC, Canada, I am inspired by the natural beauty of our surroundings.

And to me, the epitome of Christmas coziness is found in a
mountain lodge style of decor.


With that in mind, I designed a 
Canadian Lodge inspired Christmas Tablescape.

Of course, it helped that Buffalo Check plaid is very trendy right now and our local Pharmasave store had this wonderful tablecloth.

It doesn't get much cozier than a candlelit meal beside the Christmas tree on a winter's eve.

This majestic animal ...

... along with this one ...

...and these woodsy trees...


...combine to create the lodge-inspired centerpiece.

I placed an antler shed  and some greenery in between the deer and scattered faux snow.



Birch candleholders and red berries add to the rustic look.



The place settings were done in red & black with a woven placemat and plaid charger.



My daughter gave me these poinsettia salad plates years ago. I still love them!

Red-handled flatware were placed on a black napkin.

Votive holders with trees etched on them go perfectly with the theme.

Black stemware waiting to be filled with a beverage of choice.

Placecards were created from these drink coasters with a buffalo check background by adding a name tag made on the computer.



The back of the dining room chairs were decorated as well.

Pine cones were tied with twine and wrapped around the chairs with ribbons and greenery added.

I'll show you more pics of it another time, but the sideboard also got a lodge look.(Click here to see sideboard decor)





We were fortunate to have been able to invite some special guests over to dine at this table last week.



We enjoyed their company and the prelude to this wonderful season.

Thanks for visiting!
Be sure to check out the other terrific holiday tablescapes linked below.

Special thanks to our gracious hostess,
Chloe at Celebrate & Decorate.

Monday
Twelve on Main - A Farmhouse Christmas Tablescape
Everyday Living - Plaid Tidings Holiday Tablescape
Home is Where the Boat Is - Plaid Tidings: Christmas Table with St Nick/Natural Evergreen Runner
Rustic & Refined  - Christmas Entertaining with Over 20 Holiday Tablescapes

Tuesday
Life and Linda - Snowflakes and Baubles Tablescape
Rattlebridge Farm - A Merry Little Tablescape
Rosemary & Thyme - A Traditional Holiday Table
Living with Thanksgiving - Boughs of Holly Tablescape
Cozinest - Bread of Presence Tablescape

Wednesday
Belle Bleu Interiors - Reflections of Christmas Blessings
My Kentucky Living - Mad for Plaid Christmas Brunch Table
A Toile Tale - Antler Dish Choices
Bluesky Kitchen - Silver & Gold Tablescape Shines for the Holidays
Starfish Cottage - A Starfish Cottage Holiday Tablescape
Dining Delight (that's me!) - Canadian Lodge inspired Christmas Tablescape

Thursday
Citrine Living- A Winter White and Silver  Holiday Tablescape
B.Lovely Events - Lovely and Easy Christmas Tablescape
Ramblings of a Southern Girl - The Most WonDEERful Time of the Year Table Setting
Panoply - Polished to Plaid; One Table, Two Looks

Friday
Celebrate & Decorate - A Holiday Tablescape for Christmas
Farmhouse 40 - Farmhouse Christmas Tablescape
The Painted Apron - Hark the Herald Angels Sing
Sweet Sensations - Rustic Glam Holiday Tablescape

'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Saturday Sparks on Pieced Pastimes
Share it One More Time at Everyday Home
A Bouquet of Talent Saturday at Life on Lakeshore Drive
Sundays at Home at Love of Home
Silver Pennies Sunday at Silver Pennies
Dishing It & Digging It at Rustic & Refined
Celebrate Your Story at Celebrate & Decorate
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life
Tuesday at Our Home at Our Home Away From Home
Tutorials & Tips at Home Stories A to Z
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Fall into Fall at DIY by Design
Creative Ways at Posed Perfection
Share Your Style at Essence of Home
Share Your Cup at Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Your Inspired Design at Bluesky Kitchen
Home Matters Friday at Life with Lorelai
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

31 comments:

  1. Lori, You had me at Buffalo Check! I love your cozy lodge table with your woodland details...your be-ribboned pine cone details on your chairs, birch candleholders, votives and twinkling lights, shed antlers and handsome stags! What a beautiful dish stack too with the plaid chargers and poinsettia plates. What a treat to dine at your table and kick off the holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love this tablescape, Lori! Gorgeous centerpiece. Every detail is beautiful. Take care, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel cozy and warm at your delightful table, Lori. Your tablecloth was a great find that perfectly went with your theme and all the dishes you already had. I love your lodge inspired centerpiece and your room all aglow with twinkly lights and candlelight. Your poinsettia plates go so well with the plaid chargers. Berries, pine cones, snow, greenery, antlers, deer, birch candles and more keep me loving your entire table. You have thought of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, your style is wonderfully executed! I really love it all, and you will find many similar elements in a couple tables I have styled for this season. :) Keeping with items native to your area absolutely create the cozy ambiance you were aiming for, and your gifted poinsettia plates are a perfect topper for the place settings. I also love dressing chairs, and your pine cone ornamentations are a nice touch. Your guests, I'm sure, loved it all. Happy Holidays!
    Rita C at Panoply

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful, I want to come have a meal at your house. I love the rustic look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori, I love your rustic lodge style table setting. Your tablescape has a warm and welcoming ambiance that I know your guests enjoyed. The centerpiece with the deer and shed antlers is perfect for a Canadian Christmas or for a Southern one! :) The buffalo check tablecloth, poinsettia plates, and the twinkling lights are just gorgeous! Wishing you a joy-filled day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lori, your table is stunning! I know that your guests must have enjoyed dining at this gorgeous table! You have thought of every little detail. I love the way you decorated the back of each dining chair, and I adore those pretty deer that you used as the focal point of your centerpiece. The pretty poinsettia plates are the perfect accent to your beautiful holiday table!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tables are always fabulous Lori, but this one has me singing "fa la la!" You have captured the mountain lodge feel in a big way, I feel transported to the Canadian woods with a fire in the hearth! As usual you have so many details and touches it's hard to mention them all, but I LOVE the pinecones tied to the chair backs with curly red ribbon and the view of the trees sparkling on the sideboard. It's Magic!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lori, what a beautiful tablescape. I can just imagine it snowing outside and coming in with cold cheeks and hands and sitting down to a wonderful meal at your beautiful table. Love the buffalo check. Perfect Christmasy look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lori,
    This is fabulous! I adore the lodge feel you have created in your home.
    I actually feel as though I went on a mini vacation!
    Beautiful!!!!
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have done such a beautiful job carrying through your chosen theme of your Canadian Lodge Inspired tablescape! This would be so lovely in a ski lodge, too, wouldn't it? Every little detail are so perfect. Setting your table and displaying it by candlelight is so absolutely perfect and your photographs are so wonderful. I still need to work on my photography! Thank you so much for being a part of the Holiday Tablescape Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lori, I am in love with your lodge look! Oh I love everything about it. Such wonderful inspiration! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh gracious... where do I start... I just love it all! The buffalo checked tablecloth is a beautiful backdrop for the lodge themed table setting! Great attention to the details and assembling items that coordinate so well! Looks so magical by candlelight! ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lori, your table is stunning. I love how you decorated the whole room with this lovely lodge look. Truly magazine worthy. The centerpiece, the dishes, even the chairs decked out perfectly for this charming look. I am sure any guest would be thrilled to sit at this table. Everywhere you look, I am dazzled.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dare I say, you nailed the theme girl. I love your table...you have such a talent! I could see hanging out at your table with a cozy fire and close friends on a cold night. Wish we were not so far away. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. As much as I love sunny Florida- your Canadian Mountain Lodge theme Christmas table is so beautiful! I really love the red and black and buffalo check and the deers and antlers- it just feels cozy and Christmas-y. Great hopping with you!

    BTW- this is Kristy Seibert, from Starfish Cottage-for some reason, my daughter's name (Hayley) keeps coming up automatically when I comment on Blogger Blogs! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love when you a "lodge" theme. Makes my little heart skip a beat! I have to scroll back up so I can see it again. Gorgeous table Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stopping by via the blog hop and think I need to stay! Love your lodge styled table, so warm and cozy. Thank you for sharing loveliness.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lori, you captured the heart and magic of a Canadian lodge. I love, love, love red and black buffalo check, and you have made me love it even more. Your details are beautiful and brilliant--the deer, burlap, greenery, pinecones. Ah,this is pure bliss. And the plates are gorgeous. Beautiful, welcoming, warm. I can just imagine coming in from the snow and seeing this glowing table. Bliss. I loved playing with you, my dear! See you on IG!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am a western Canadian as well, you really did create the Canadian Lodge feeling. Rugged and wild, yet comfortable, warm and stylish. This post is stunning. I enjoyed ever minute of reading it.

    Merry Christmas. Leanna

    ReplyDelete
  21. It truly has the perfect lodge feel. I love the buffalo check and the dishes are all darling. The deer and trees add the perfect woodsy feel! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  22. So many things to love about this table, I don't even know where to start! The tablecloth is the perfect backdrop to all the lovely things on your table. The deer are so pretty and the poinsettia plates are really lovely! I love the big red bowls on them and the matching red silverware. Really everything is amazing though!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I will never get enough of plaid and I love how you styled this table. It's nice to know that I'm not the only person that loves the combo of plaid and reindeer. If I buy anymore of both of either of them my family will probably stage an intervention. This is gorgeous, thank so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your table. The outdoors feel is wonderful. My favorites are those deer and the woodsy trees. LoveLove!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the lodge inspired table! It is so cozy! I can imagine enjoying a long and relaxing dinner here!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Perfectly festive! And I love the garland on the back of the chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  28. So many beautiful details to love!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Stunning!!!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello Lori,

    Your table is absolutely stunning. Such a gorgeous take on a woodland theme. The colors, reindeer and plates are spectacular. Love, love this tablescape. Every detail is beautiful. You did a fabulous job decorating this table. It was fun blog hopping with you on this tour.

    Wishing you an your family a Merry Christmas.

    Janet
    rosemary-thyme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. The rest was utilized as a part of purchasing the vital machines and gear. Despite everything he required money for the insides, pay rates and the other working costs. Cash Advances San diego

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".