Pages

Friday, April 27, 2018

Springtime Mother's Day Tablescape


Hi friends! If you follow me on Instagram, you will have seen a few pics I've shared of my daughter's wedding last weekend.  It was such a wonderfully special event so naturally, I took some time off from blogging for it.   




I will probably share some of the terrific professional pics that Paisley Photography did later but here's one pic from the day. 

 Now, back to tablescapes... I want to share this springtime Mother's Day tablescape I recently created.

Inspiration began with this beautiful floral tablecloth my SiL recently gave me for my birthday.

There are so many wonderful colours in it and I had fun choosing items I already owned to go with it...like these vibrant floral shaped plates.


Place setting items were also drawn from the tablecloth tones.

For something different, instead of actual placemats, I used blue cloth napkins placing them on an angle.

White napkins were arranged on the plates with daisy napkin rings.

I made some Mother's Day placecards in Word on my computer.

 This hammered-designed flatware was used to coordinate with the gray tones in the tablecloth.

Blue-based champagne glasses were paired with the water goblets.

Votive holders in the appropriate colours were set in front of each place setting.



I used a trio of these faux lavender as a centerpiece.

To give them a bit more presence on the table, I set them on top of some square plates.



I used these purple compote dishes as candleholders...

...and set them in between the pots of lavender.



Now that my Mother's Day tablescape is all planned out for our ladies' luncheon, I just need to decide on a menu.

Are you hosting any Mother's Day meals?

Thanks for visiting!
I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! I'm not planning any mother's day celebrations here, but I will attend a mother's day brunch next Saturday. I wonder if they will let me come set the table! : )

    ReplyDelete

  2. Very beautiful table as usual. I love the happy and feminine floral table topper and those adorable color plates that brightens up each place settings.
    I Mother's Day in Canada before then in the USA?
    I have a mom still, so I will make a small table for six, my brother and his wife and some other.
    Congrats again on your beautiful daughter's wedding.
    Fabby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful styling and thanks for sharing the wedding pics. Loved your wedding day attire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a wonderful backdrop to the wedding picture. Your daughter looked beautiful and her new husband so handsome! That is a very pretty tablecloth- what a sweet sister in-law! Putting the blue napkins on the angle was a great idea- does the job and looks great! Love the pretty colors of the glass salad plates. I don’t have a specific plan for Mother’s Day as of now but your table is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori your table is just beautiful! I love the lavender and the table cloth. Its pure perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".