Pages

Friday, December 15, 2017

Red Truck Christmas Tablescape

Kendra at Joy in Our Home is hosting a Christmas Festival Blog Hop this week and I'm so excited to be joining in with this fun Red Truck themed tablescape. If you are hopping over from the fantastic tablescape by CoCo at The Crowned Goat, welcome!  Be sure to check out the links at the end of my post for inspiration on all sorts of Christmas decor and recipes.

As I've mentioned in previous posts (here), the red truck is really trending in Christmas decor right now.

The theme for my tablescape began with the logo on the door of my little red truck. "Christmas Tree Farm"

This red truck is on the job surveying the trees on the Christmas Tree Farm...though if opportunity arises, the skis in the back might be put into use :)

Since he has to travel between Christmas tree lots, I created a stretch of road for him to drive on. 

Fortunately, most of the snow on the road has been plowed off to the sides. (So different than the green grass you see outside our windows this year - very unusual for us - where's our snow?!!)

The Christmas tree lots were created using flocked bottle brush trees.

The road was created using two black table runners put under and over a box to form a hill and some strips of white electrical tape for the lines on the road.

The place settings included plaid chargers, white dinner plates and holly-leaf salad plates.

The festive stemware is from Pier 1 in the clearance section last summer.

I made these red truck placecards using clipart on the computer and attached them to the bottle brush trees with ribbon.

I'll let you peruse some night time views now...

Battery operated fairy lights were arranged along the snowbanks.





I'm so excited that both my children and their significant others will be home for Christmas.

Another take on this tablescape could be Bringing Home the Christmas Tree or Heading Home for the Holidays.  

However, you want to interpret this tablescape, I hope it conjures up visions of an old-fashioned fun-filled Christmas...

...and I hope your Christmas is a blessed one.



Thanks for visiting!

Now be sure to head over to The Neutral Nest Interiors to check out Meg's terrific tablescape.
And/or follow the links below for some amazing Christmas decor inspiration!




 Mantels on Monday

Vignettes on Tuesday

Recipes on Wednesday

Front Porches on Thursday

Tablescapes on Friday
| The Neutral Nest Interiors

I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush

27 comments:

  1. This is absolutely the most creative tablescape! We love the red truck and that little road you made. Plus, the place cards are just precious! Truly - it all is just fabulous. We wish you and yours a wonderful holiday season!
    Vicki and Jenn - 2 Bees in a Pod

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, very detailed! Your trucks are adorable and the tablescape is so creative. Very festive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun table! I love all the red and the truck is so cute! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, this tablescape brings back THE best Christmas memory! My dad used to pick us up from school early to cut down our tree at the farm so everything about this tablescape feels like home. I love how you created the centerpiece, the place settings and how you used the little trees throughout. It's just so cool. I hope you and your family have the happiest Christmas and a wonderful time celebrating together. Hugs, CoCo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lori, oh that road with the cotton and twinkle lights is just the bomb!!! What an awesome idea! I love this, soooo original! Christine from Little Brags (Thursday Front Porches)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post!! Had so much fun on this tour with you!!!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

  7. This table is adorable! You have such pretty things like the red truck. The cotton runner with the lights and little trees is awesome!

    Merry Christmkas to you and yours.
    Fabby

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so lovely! I love all the snow on your tablescape! What a beautiful table you have!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A tree farm on the table? I love it! It's fun and unexpected. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is seriously the cutest tablescape ever! I just love the road you made, how creative and it really is just darling!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun idea for a Christmas table! Love the whole Christmas tree theme. Enjoy your Christmas with family!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is one of the cutest and most creative tablescapes I've ever seen. I'm going to have to show that to my mother. She'll love it just as much as I.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved the story of the Christmas tree farm! Whimsical and creative and the place settings are the crowning touch! Merry Christmas
    Sandra @ Dinner at Eight

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your table decor and your tree is gorgeous too. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your little red truck tablescape is so darling. I love the road and the snow that you added as part of the centerpiece with the truck. It is so adorable. Your tree and your entire room looks so cozy. It just makes me feel like it is "home sweet home." Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  16. I adore your tablescape. Love me a little red truck! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your red truck theme! Your table setting is very creative and festive as well. This year folks have gone crazy for that little red truck. I'm seeing it everywhere like never before. Merry Christmas from the east coast!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this tablescape so much! It is gorgeous, Lori. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Lori,
    Thanks for sharing your tablescape. I am loving the red truck theme this year and yours is magical. This is the first time I have been to your site. There are so many wonderful posts and ideas to read about.
    I'm looking forward to exploring!

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful. so creative, will have it in my mind next year when I will do my table decor, this year it was a bit well alot girly lol. visting from diy by design , if you have the time I would love if you visit my blog. thx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just love this! The buffalo plaids, the red goblets, the bottle brush trees and that red truck are all so festive and beautiful! It was fun blog hopping with you! ~ Kristin www.whitearrowshome.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Not only tastefully done but very creative as well!!! Re the little red truck; as have ten stockings to fill (since Santa still leaves them at our house) and I misplaced one miniature Nut Cracker figurine, my hubby instead is getting a little red truck (carrying a Xmas Tree) as he actually owns a real one in his fleet of automobiles so I added his license plate to it. (Now whether he notices it, remains to be seen .. ☺.) Wishing you and your loved ones -- A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS! -Brenda-

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have been on the red truck band wagon for a couple of years now. This is so fun and creative! thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  24. Merry Christmas and thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  25. My first visit to your blog and loved it! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".