Pages

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Christmas Sideboard in the Kitchen

If you just can't get enough of checking out all the wonderful Christmas decor ideas out there, you are in for a real treat this week.  I'm participating in a Holiday Home blog hop where a group of talented bloggers are sharing how they've decorated various areas in their homes. There's lots of inspiration to be had.



Special thanks to Chloe of Celebrate & Decorate for hosting this fun event.

We recently purchased a sideboard for our kitchen and though I haven't decided how I'll change things in the space around it, I did have fun decorating the top of it for Christmas.  

The large clock will probably go and I'm not sure about the shelf above but let me show you the details of the Christmas decor on the sideboard.

On the left side, I arranged some vintage-look lanterns beside two tall candleholders.

These faux candles are on timers and come on each evening for 5 hours.

A buffalo check wrapped present and a bottle brush tree sit in front of the display.

It's hard to see but this little sign has light-up headlights. I love the message it conveys and the red truck on it (from local store - Beyond Gifts).

A flocked tree decorated with buffalo check ornaments sits on the other side of the sideboard.

I placed the tree inside this wooden crate I recently found at Real Canadian Superstore.

These coordinating mugs are from there too.

If you read my last post, you know I'm loving the red truck with the Christmas tree theme this year.

So naturally, one had to make an appearance in this vignette.

For now, I've mainly used the sideboard as a liquor cabinet and placed glasses and drinkware inside.

These stockings were a recent purchase from the Red Apple store.  This one has a deer on it and...

...this one has a moose. I really liked the buffalo check plaid trim on the top as well.



I couldn't have all the space inside for practical stuff so I took the middle shelves for decorative purposes.

The inside is very dark and rustic looking which has its own charm but it is hard to photograph.

I added some battery-operated mini-lights to add a glow inside the cabinet.



On the shelf above the cabinet, I placed another vintage-look lantern, a santa-themed cream & sugar, some greenery and faux candles.









I hope you enjoyed seeing how I decorated my new kitchen sideboard for Christmas.  There's more Christmas decor enjoyment to be had if you follow the links listed below on the
Holiday Home Blog Hop.


Monday



Tuesday



Wednesday

Dining Delight (that's me!)


Thursday




Friday


Thanks for visiting!
I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:

26 comments:

  1. Oh Lori, each vignette on your sideboard is cuter than the next! The sideboard itself is a wonderful piece and I bet you will have fun with it. I think my favorite though, is the Balsam Tree Farm crate with the two red truck mugs just waiting for someone to enjoy some hot cocoa!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic sideboard ideas, love the lights inside! I'd love to have that little Santa with the giant gift for my Santa collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, I love your new sideboard, and you have decorated it beautifully for Christmas! Every little touch is just perfect! It is always fun blog hopping with you, and I hope that you have a happy and blessed holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can sense all the fun you had dressing your sideboard for Christmas. It is delightful and so much to see. Themes are fun and finding special items to add to your vignettes were fun I know. Each vignette adds so much personality.
    I didn't know you could put timers on the faux candles. Will have to investigate that. Are they battery operated?
    Lori, I always enjoy your posts. You are very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable Lori, and I love timers on all my candles and vignettes. Mine are all battery operated and since I use them all the time, I have to keep a stash of batteries but I don't care because when I come home, I am greeted by warm welcome candles glow. Your sideboard is the perfect place to showcase your lanterns. Great job! It is always fun blog hopping with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sideboard is decorated beautifully. I love the all of the plaid decor and you have style each little area perfectly. I would love to have this area in my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Buffalo Checked Ornaments!!! Oh my goodness...I love them! Thank you for sharing your delightful sideboard!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is SOOOO cute Lori!! Instant smiles, so warm and welcoming!! And so much eye candy, don't be surprised if people stop and linger for awhile!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lori, I love your new sideboard and how much fun that you get to decorate it for Christmas! Your use of lanterns is so festive. The buffalo checked ornaments are too cute! Beautiful eye candy to enjoy! Love blog hopping with you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lori, this is so cute! I love any piece of furniture that allows for styling, and this one you bought is going to be fun, I can tell! One thing I find really hard, though, is the initial styling of a new piece, and each season or holiday attempted. You've done a really fine job with yours, and I like how you say how you couldn't have ALL the spaces have practical stuff, lol. Truer words were never spoken!
    So glad you've been on this hop, Lori, I always enjoy your style. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always enjoy your decorating Lori. The sideboard looks so cute all decked out for Christmas- and I know you’ll enjoy decorating it throughout all the seasons. I like the red truck, buffalo plaid ornaments and those coffee mugs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, I like your blog post; you shared the amazing post of Christmas decor. I like the Christmas decor idea. Recently, I bought nativity sets for Christmas gifts. I saw the post on Facebook; someone has shared the post about nativity set. They sell nativity pieces at a reasonable price. I really liked it and purchased it. I got amazing nativity set. If you also want it then check the information below:
    10 pc. Nativity set- 17629- 590/-
    12 pc. Nativity set- 17634- 1200/-
    09 pc. Nativity set- 17628- 490/-
    01 pc. Last supper- 16148-950/-
    + Shipping Cost Extra! (Bhopal, Indore & Gwalior Next Day delivery with premium Indian Post service, Order before 1PM)
    For Order Call Now - 9713099668 (10 Am to 6 PM)
    Also, you can visit here: https://www.amazon.in/dp/B077P2HZ6Z

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the red truck theme and the evergreens crate is fabulous. The red really pops on the white buffet. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful holiday decor on Share Your Style.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lori,
    Just thought I would say hello. You did a fabulous job on your sideboard decor.
    I bought a red truck from Michael's this year and can't figure out where to put it. lol
    From a fellow B.C.er,
    *Smiles*
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your new sideboard. It has great storage and display space!! If only I had a spot for something like this. The white makes ot perfect for Christmas vignettes. Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great piece and you've styled it beautifully for Christmas! I love buffalo check and that wooden box! I've went with a tree farm look out on my porch this year. I have a collection of a few truck with tree ornaments. They are so fun! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your decorations are beautiful! I am in love with lanterns and fake candles on timers. I can never get enough of them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a great post.....the pictures are amazing and I love the clock!
    Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on your new sideboard! It looks lovely, and you have accented it just perfectly for the holidays! I especially like how you decorated the inside and added the little lights! I think the shelf above complements the new piece just fine, but I know you will decide. Thank you so much for being a part of another blog hop, and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nicely done! I’m a huge fan of the red trucks and buffalo checks. Enjoy all the decorating you’ll get to do over the years with that pretty new sideboard! You’re going to have a ball!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the little red truck and buffalo check theme...perfect!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is adorable !!! So pretty!
    Thanks so much for sharing!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've always been a bit of a decorator. I think if I wasn't a singer I'd probably be in stage setting or interior design or something. I like clutter and I'm quite visually greedy. I can't have things to be plain; I have to have things looking interesting... maybe I'm just a frustrated interior designer stuck in a singing career.
    Stir your appetite. Did you know the kitchen can often be overlooked when it comes to wall decorating ideas. Most people invest in large items, like stainless steel appliances and granite counters, but forget the finishing touches. Give your kitchen a complete look with canvas prints of your favorite savory dishes or steaming coffee mugs. Brightly colored photos of fruits and vegetables will surely whip up an appetite, or you can add your favorite cooking quote or expression to make the room personal. Finally available at Parrot Print Canvas >> https://www.parrotprintcanvas.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, Lori, I think you've outdone yourself this time! This sideboard is one of the cutest things I've seen this season. So festive and fun!

    Thanks so much for joining the Grace at Home party at Imparting Grace. I'm featuring you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm back again, love the deer hubby got for you and those votives with the etched tree is a great little source of light for your sideboard.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".