Pages

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

A&W Themed Engagement Party

This past weekend, we hosted an A&W themed engagement party for our daughter and her fiance. You may think that is a strange theme for such a party, but here's why I chose it.

Our daughter's name is Ashley and her fiance's name is Wayne.  How could I pass up an opportunity like that!

Here's a look at how I ran with the A&W theme and put together a backyard engagement party for the happy couple.

Guests were welcomed at the entry to the backyard with this display table.



This pic of Ashley my mom took many years ago was naturally a feature at the A&W party.

It was placed on one end of the entry table...

...and on the other end, were these engagement party favours.

I made little "he popped the question" labels  for the bags of popcorn I put together.

I added an "A&Wesome Together" logo on the bottom that says Ashley & Wayne since 2014.

These wooden letters sat in the middle of the table.

I made this banner for cards using orange and brown and placed it beside a small decorative suitcase.

I also made some other banners in the appropriate colours which were attached to the lattice behind the table.



Next, we'll look at the table decor over in that tent you see to the right in the pic below.

I was so thankful we rented this tent as it was a very hot day and it provided much needed shade.

The table linens were coordinated with orange tablecloths, brown table runners and a darker orange cloth napkin.

I created personalized centerpieces by printing various pics of the couple and placing them in cylinder vases.



Faux orange/brown flowers were arranged with fresh hosta leaves and placed in A&W mugs (more about those later).

Next up - the food!

Instead of ordering in a bunch of pre-made A&W burgers, I had guests build their own - the sign I made says it all!

Can you believe I already had orange and brown dinner plates? :)

Before the "burger bar" opened, we had a few appetizers. I also made some chicken wings and bruschetta on baguette - not shown.

My mom made these fabulous appies.

After the appetizer course, I arranged the items for the burger bar.

You can't have a teenburger without bacon and these electric fry pans kept things warm.

Salads were placed at the far end of the bar.

The bride-to-be and her "granny"(my mom) getting their burgers.  


Mr Delight did the grilling of the hamburgers. Special thanks to him as I could never have pulled off my ideas for this party without his tremendous help.

The date of the party had special significance and I made a sign so everyone knew.

An ice cream bar with A&W Root Beer floats was set up on the table in the back of the tent.

Some floats were made "adult" as suggested by this sign I made.

Although we did round up a few A&W mugs from thrift stores, I was able to create more by adding the logo to ordinary mugs with some clear adhesive strips. (they were easily removable for washing)

My mom provided a wonderful assortment of her yummy baking.

I should also mention that we had a beverage area where we kept drinks on ice in coolers.

The bride-to-be and her maid-of-honour help themselves to the keg of beer.

Non-alcoholic punch and lemonade were made available in these dispensers.

Outdoor lighting provided ambiance as dusk settled in.


I was so happy to be celebrating the happy occasion with my daughter and future son-in-law.

It was a fun themed party for a very special couple and we wish them all the best for their upcoming wedding. 
They are A&Wesome Together!

Thanks for visiting!

I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Saturday Sparks on Pieced Pastimes
A Bouquet of Talent  at Life on Lakeshore Drive
Sundays at Home at Love of Home
Silver Pennies Sunday at Silver Pennies
Dishing It & Digging It at Rustic & Refined
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
Reader Tip Tuesday Food & Craft Party at Jodie Fitz
Celebrate Your Story at Celebrate & Decorate
Brag About It Tuesday at My Husband Has Too Many Hobbies
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life
Tuesday at Our Home at Our Home Away From Home
Tutorials & Tips at Home Stories A to Z
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Sizzle into Summer at DIY by Design
Share Your Style at Essence of Home
Share Your Cup at Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Home Matters at Life with Lorelai
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Foodie Friday & Everything Else at Rattlebridge Farm
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

14 comments:

  1. Love the theme and how suitable for them. It all turned out wonderful. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you really did an amazing job! The wedding should be spectacular! Have they set a date? Very cute couple and I wish them all the happiness in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Lori- you really did a fantastic job with all the details! The theme was such a cute idea- very creative!. You and your daughter look a lot alike! They're a very attractive couple! I love that you used their first date for the date you had the party! Superb job all the way around and I know you and your hubby are ecstatic about your daughter's engagement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a talent you have, Lori! Truly an amazing party! Congrats to your daughter and fiance! Thanks for sharing your ideas and talents with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous idea for your theme - A&W forever! You are so creative and I am sure your daughter appreciates all the time and effort that went into this party. Sure everyone had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Cute!!! You followed your theme out fabulously!! Sure looks like a great time! Congratulations to the happy couple!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lori, I really enjoyed your post. A&W party was a great idea and very well thought out. My favorite Root Beer floats. I am sure the couple appreciated it. Thanks for sharing and have a great day. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun play on their names! You really went the extra mile and it's all darling!! Congrats to the couple. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  9. FUN!

    Would love if you'd share these creative ideas at REader Tip Tuesday: http://www.jodiefitz.com/2017/08/08/reader-tip-tuesday-food-craft-party/

    Hope to see you at the party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Lori! Your backyard parties are always a feast for the eyes. I love how everything flows together and you did an awesome job with this unique theme. Is the lattice behind the table free standing or is it attached to the tent? Thank you for sharing with us at Celebrate Your Story, and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so much fun!!!! GREAT idea...

    I hope we see you at the current Reader Tip Tuesday Party: http://www.jodiefitz.com/2017/08/22/reader-tip-tuesday-party-crafts-recipes/
    It's open all week & growing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All I can say is WOW! You did an A&Wsome job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".