Pages

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Butterflies & Daisies Mother's Day Tablescape

With the calendar already turning to May, Mother's Day is definitely not far off. With that in mind, I've been busy putting together a pretty tablescape for this special occasion. Combining feminine colours with a spring feel is the perfect way to decorate for Mother's Day.




My inspiration began with these fabulous plates that I received as a recent birthday gift from my SiL.  There are four terrific colours with two plates in each colour.

Butterflies and daisies were chosen to provide a bit of a theme to the tablescape.

Three pots of faux daisies were used as part of the centerpiece.

In between the daisies, I placed a taper candle with a glass hurricane set on each of the extra plates.

A metal butterfly was attached to the hurricane with a pink ribbon.

The butterflies were part of a metal wreath I've had for ages.  I decided to free the butterflies from the wreath so they could fly on to more decorative surroundings. :)

The yellow butterfly below is one from my stash. It came with a bouquet of fresh flowers years ago.  

White square plates were paired with the coloured ones and multi-checked napkins help coordinate all the colours on the table.

Pretty stemware is a must for Mother's Day and some pink champagne says Let's Celebrate!

Fortunately, the water goblets fit the theme perfectly with the butterflies etched on the glass.

More of the metal butterflies were used as placecard holders. They have a metal tab on the back which helps them stand.

A spot for my mom...



Now, I just have to come up with a menu for our luncheon.

Yes... I plan my menu around what dishes I want to use ;)

Have you started planning your Mother's Day activities?

If it involves some type of sit-down meal, I hope I've inspired you to try creating a pretty tablescape.

It's the little details that will let mom know you care.



Thanks for visiting!
I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Saturday Sparks on Pieced Pastimes
Share it One More Time at Everyday Home
A Bouquet of Talent  at Life on Lakeshore Drive
Sundays at Home at Love of Home
Silver Pennies Sunday at Silver Pennies
Dishing It & Digging It at Rustic & Refined
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
Celebrate Your Story at Celebrate & Decorate
Brag About It Tuesday at My Husband Has Too Many Hobbies
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life
Tuesday at Our Home at Our Home Away From Home
Tutorials & Tips at Home Stories A to Z
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Swing Into Spring at DIY by Design
Share Your Style at Essence of Home
Share Your Cup at Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Home Matters at Life with Lorelai
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

23 comments:

  1. What a beautiful table! I love those flower plates, and they combine with the daisies and butterflies to make a perfect table for Mother's Day or any other occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely tablescape, and everything is perfect. Thanks so much for sharing this amazing table.

    Happy Mothers Day to you - a little early but will be here before you can wink.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautifully set table. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet and lovely table. Happy spring to you.


    Janet
    rosemary-thyme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the flower plates. The butterflies are so fun and whimsical. Very pretty Mother's Day Tablescape

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pretty! You've got so many lovely elements in this tablescape. It's very inviting! I love the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done! Love the pretty glass dishes you were gifted and how you created such a pretty table with happy flowers and beautiful color. The butterflies add a nice whimsical touch! I haven't put my thoughts on Mother's Day just yet- I'll have to get in gear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful, Lori! I love, love this theme!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lori, Those plates are lovely and such pretty colors! What a nice gift they were. Your tablescape is very pretty and light and airy too. Perfect for spring and for Mother's Day! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Brag About It! Pinned :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a very pretty tablescape. I love it! Hugs and blessings, Cind

    ReplyDelete
  11. WHat a lovely gift!! It's so nice when someone sees what you love to do and is thoughtful enough to give you such a gift. Your table come out beautiful, very feminine-perfect for Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, your table is beautiful! The plates are gorgeous and I love what you did with the metal butterflies, using them as place card holders. Your daisies are gorgeous, I would not know that they were faux unless you told us. Such a beautiful table!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lori,
    I always enjoy your tablescapes! You were one of the very first bloggers I discovered when I started looking for pretty table ideas. This is gorgeous! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty, soft, feminine and so pretty! Your table softly whispers spring and is the perfect backdrop for Mother's Day. Thank you for sharing with us this week at Celebrate Your Story, and I hope your week is going great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, finally a perfect blog for me:-))) I love decorating my table for different occasion and your blog is a perfect source of inspiration:-)))
    Glad I've found it:-)
    Greetings from Poland:-)))

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your SiL did good picking out the beautiful pastel colored floral plates for your birthday present. The lovely floral plates, the flowers and all of the butterfly touches make a beautiful Mothers Day table setting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a very pretty table. What Mother wouldn't enjoy eating here. Thank you for sharing.

    Barbara
    fairmeadowplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loving this. Those dessert plates your sister in law gave you are jst gorgeous. I am loving your centerpiece too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such beautiful tablescape!Just gorgeous!Love Daisies!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lori, your table is gorgeous. So perfect for Mother's Day. Beautiful plates your sil selected. A pretty table that is so welcoming and has a spring look. Thanks Lori for sharing this wonderful table at Dishing it & Digging it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this! So pretty and feminine for Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lori, this is a beautiful setting for your Mom. I love the daisies and butterflies and the plates from your SIL! Wishing you a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful table for Mother's Day. The plates are a perfect gift for someone who loves dishes. So thoughtful of your SiL. I love daisies and they are perfect for your table plus the butterflies. It's always a "delight" to visit your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".