Pages

Thursday, March 9, 2017

How to Create Seasonal Displays in a Tray

One way to simplify seasonal decorating is to use similar items in the same format for each season.  That way, you have a pattern to follow and it is not so overwhelming.  I'll show you what I mean by reposting some of these tray vignettes I've created over the past few years.


Here is one I did a couple of years ago for spring/Easter.

I like to use some type of seasonal floral/greenery, decorative items that pertain to the season and of course, some type of dishware.

Bunnies fit right in for a spring time theme.

For summer, I used beach themed pieces in the same woven tray.

Colours are also symbolic of the time of year and here, I used lots of aqua.

Naturally, starfish and shells speak of summer.

In this fall display, wheat, pumpkins and a turkey take center stage.

Oranges and browns give a cozy vibe which is so necessary in the autumn.

These items not only serve a fall theme but work for Thanksgiving.

Winter decorating includes lots of white to represent all the snow we get around here.

These two moose and some skis propped against little trees make the perfect winter scene.

And the mugs suggest it's time for hot chocolate.

So there you have a look at how I put together seasonal displays using themed accessories, colours of the season and dishes to accent and also elevate other items inside the tray.
Here's the links to the posts I've done on each of these:
Spring Display in a Tray
Summer Display in a Tray
Fall Display in a Tray
Winter Display in a Tray 

I hope I've inspired you to create your own seasonal display in a tray.

Thanks for visiting!
And a reminder...set your clocks ahead before going to bed on Saturday night (Mar 11th).
I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Saturday Sparks on Pieced Pastimes
Share it One More Time at Everyday Home
A Bouquet of Talent  at Life on Lakeshore Drive
Sundays at Home at Love of Home
Silver Pennies Sunday at Silver Pennies
Dishing It & Digging It at Rustic & Refined
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
Celebrate Your Story at Celebrate & Decorate
Brag About It Tuesday at My Husband Has Too Many Hobbies
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life
Tuesday at Our Home at Our Home Away From Home
Tutorials & Tips at Home Stories A to Z
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Winter Blues at DIY by Design
Share Your Style at Essence of Home
Share Your Cup at Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Home Matters at Life with Lorelai
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

17 comments:

  1. Lori, These are beautiful! You have inspired me to pull out a tray and build a vingnette.
    I always enjoy your posts! Thanks much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post. I enjoyed this. It is perfect for Spring on anytime! I'd love for you to come over and link at the Fabulous Spring/East Party. This weeks linky is over here:
    http://ourholidayjourney.blogspot.com/2017/03/fabulous-springeaster-link-party-2.html
    Come over every week and join the party.
    Happy Spring

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty ! Love it . Hugs and blessings , Cindy .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your beautiful tray displays! I pinned this too! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice. Perhaps we'll get to see how you decorate your tray for this spring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how versatile your basket tray is! Great job! Thank you for sharing at Dishing It & Digging It!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this post. That one little basket and such dramatic and different looks. Just goes to show that sometimes small changes make the largest impact. You did a wonderful job on all four seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there,
    I checked on Kathleen today, so I thought I would look you up as well!! You two do such lovely things...I have no idea why I don't visit round more often..old and lazy I guess!
    I am commenting here because it is the most current, but I am so thankful that you did the post on Lent!! Sometimes I think we lose Easter to the bunnies, and it is SO much more. Yes, I have a bunny or 3 on my windowsill, but Jesus is the recurring theme in my life, and I am so thankful that you gave Him mention as well!
    Blessings to you,
    J

    ReplyDelete

  9. Each one is lovely and very smart too. I love your display skills my friend.
    Thanks for sharing, very inspiring. I love trays.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lori,
    Thanks so much for sharing your tips for in tray displays. You do a beautiful job. I'll be saving and sharing this post. Thanks so much for stopping by today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It all looks pretty! The seashells will always be a favorite! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My vignettes need lots of help,thanks for the inspiration! Thank you for sharing with us this week at Celebrate Your Story, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing, your vignettes are amazing. I'm still struggling with vignettes. I do get adding a candle and some foliage, maybe a book. From there on I'm stuck what else should I add, most of the time I think I don't put together interesting items.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love using trays for corralling vignettes. Each one of yours is delightful! I remember many of them. The spring one is so sweet! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lori, just hopping back to let you know that you will be featured at SYC later today.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful!! I love your Spring display!! All of your seasonal displays are lovely!! I pinned all of them!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very beautiful post!Your porcelaine pieces are gorgeous!Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".