Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Lodge Style Fall Display


Living in the mountains and loving the outdoor vibe we have around here, I would say that sometimes my decor preference for interior design leans towards that of a lodge or cabin type of style. With that in mind, I set out to create a fall display on our entry table that had a bit of a lodge look.

This table is next to our fireplace and is the first area you see once in our front door.


To me, nothing says lodge like pine cones, birch and burlap and I've used them to the max in my display.


But let's break it down a bit by taking a look at the tabletop first.




Although it says Paris and that doesn't seem too lodge-ish, I did like that this vase was burlap coated so thought it worked for my vignette.

I kept the colour scheme very neutral in mostly shades of white and brown.

This crackle finish turkey gives a nod to Thanksgiving which is coming up this weekend (Canada).

Pine cones were gathered from nearby trees.

A wheat sheaf was tied to this faux candle with twine.

 A small bundle of wheat sheaves sits beside the burlap vase.

I got this large white pumpkin at HomeSense a couple years back.


The scroll cut-out design looks especially nice when a candle glows from within.



Now, let's move on and take a look at what's underneath the table.

I started with this white faux fur rug I recently purchased at Walmart.  Might be pushing the seasons a bit, but it reminds me of snow :)

A faux oil lantern (solar) was set inside an open mini suitcase for an outdoor rustic look.

Burlap ribbon, pine cones and a white pumpkin were added.


On the other side, a brown woven basket got a dose of fall with a pillow, faux fern fronds and a gray throw blanket.

In the middle, 3 birch logs with pine cones sit in front of a grapevine wreath and a black & white picture.


More pine cones fill a burlap sack.



I like the neutral and rustic look of the entry table area.





Do you like rustic and/or lodge style decor?

  I acknowledge that my display is a bit over the top but it was definitely fun to put together!

Thanks for visiting!

I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Saturday Sparks on Pieced Pastimes
Share it One More Time at Everyday Home
A Bouquet of Talent Saturday at Life on Lakeshore Drive
Sundays at Home at Love of Home
Silver Pennies Sunday at Silver Pennies
Dishing It & Digging It at Rustic & Refined
Celebrate Your Story at Celebrate & Decorate
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life
Tuesday at Our Home at Our Home Away From Home
Tutorials & Tips at Home Stories A to Z
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Fall into Fall at DIY by Design
Share Your Style at Essence of Home
Share Your Cup at Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson
Thoughts of Home Thursday at Décor to Adore
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Home Matters Friday at Life with Lorelai
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Creative Ways at Posed Perfection
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Foodie Friday & Everything Else at Rattlebridge Farm



13 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures and I love it all. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful vignette to enjoy for autumn! Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the natural elements in your vignette. Quite lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so good at these displays! Love all the details. I see the white pumpkin that's just like my new orange one! Isn't it funny how these things get distributed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the lodge look too and all your pinecones and cabin stuff melts my heart. I'd love to live deep in the woods and collect our own pinecones too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your woodsy display it is so heart warming. I am just looking for inspiration because I haven't been blogging in a long time and am hoping to get back at it. I would love to be able to decorate in the log cabin style with big red and black buffalo blankets and pine cones etc. Moose motifs also ( Canadian Ah? ) would really be great but all the things I have in our little space are my treasures of a lifetime and I they would argue with the Cabin look. So I settle for looking at your lovely stuff. Thanks so much,

    Blessings from Ontario Canada...Bernice

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the rustic lodge/cabin look as well. Your displays are wonderful and welcoming! I have a similar turkey and he's one of my favorites. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Sometimes over the top just works and I love it. All the wonderful color and texture and that rug...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK, I'll take your turkey, all of your pumpkins and the suitcases, please! I live in the middle of the woods and could put all those items to good use! Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a huge fan of faux fur and now I really want to use it in my decor. The ceramic pumpkin is so pretty and the carvings give it a touch of elegance. Thank you for sharing with us this week at Celebrate Your Story, have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful! Warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".