Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Summer Tablescape in Red, Black & White

Sometimes, you need to slow down and take the time to celebrate a summer day in all it's glory.  This year, we haven't had all that many sunny ones to enjoy so when the clouds parted and the warm rays shone through, I took the opportunity to create a table for two so we could savour the moment. 




Mr. Delight and I decided to have a relaxing  summer afternoon and lingered over lunch in the backyard.



In order to be able to soak up the sun while we dined, I set up a table in the patio area next to our cabana.


Although it was a warm day, it wasn't hot so no shade was required.

Inspiration for the colour scheme came from my geraniums and the black & white checked tablecloth I purchased at the Red Apple store earlier this summer.

The table was set for a luncheon meal. The menu was kept simple with a lettuce salad, garlic toast and mushroom frittata.

I gathered a few geraniums and other clippings from plants in our yard to create a centerpiece.

Tables-for-two are perfect for a centerpiece along the side.

Though I did add this little bouquet in the middle of the table.

This cut-out scroll design lantern (local groc store - half price item) was elevated with a red pedestal candleholder.

Though not an exact match, I was pleased that I also had these cut-out scroll design votive holders.

Summer relaxation is enhanced with a bit of wine :)

I only have two of these tulip-shaped wine glasses so they were perfect for us to use with this table.

A layering of red, black and white dishes were placed on a silver charger.

White bird napkin rings add to the summertime feel.

I tucked a piece of boxwood inside.

My red-handled flatware from Pier 1 went perfectly.



I decorated this side table with black lanterns.

 I like to add faux greenery inside my lanterns to fill the spaces.

Have you taken the time to enjoy the fleeting days of summer?  Setting a pretty table outdoors and unwinding over a leisurely lunch is the perfect way to savour the season before it's gone.

After all, summer is a short 93 days...better make some of them count before they're gone!

Thanks for visiting!


I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Saturday Sparks on Pieced Pastimes
Share it One More Time at Everyday Home
A Bouquet of Talent Saturday at Life on Lakeshore Drive
Sundays at Home at Love of Home
Silver Pennies Sunday at Silver Pennies
Dishing It & Digging It at Rustic & Refined
Celebrate Your Story at Celebrate & Decorate
Inspire Me Mondays at Sand & Sisal
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life
Tuesday at Our Home at Our Home Away From Home
Tutorials & Tips at Home Stories A to Z
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Sizzle into Summer at DIY by Design
Share Your Style at Essence of Home
Share Your Cup at Art & Sand
Thursday Favorite Things at Surroundings by Debi
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
Thoughts of Home Thursday at Décor to Adore
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Home Matters Friday at Life with Lorelai
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Creative Ways at Posed Perfection
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

18 comments:

  1. I love this Lori! It's romantic and what a beautiful setting you've created. Love the black and white checked tablecloth with the red accents. Your planters are beautiful and I like how you framed the table with them. I' glad to see you are still embracing summer and not rushing into fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, I am in love with your red and black tablescape. I have been wanting to do a red and black table as well. I am an avid GA bulldog fan so of course those colors are my favorite but I do love the simplicity and yet elegance of red and black. What great inspiration for me today. Thanks for sharing my friend. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every table setting you put together is gorgeous. I love this color theme! You are so talented! Take care, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, what a beautiful alfresco table! Love the pops of red with the black and white! The mushroom frittata sounds so perfect for lunch! Wishing you a wonderful day, Pam @ Everyday Living

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori, this is so pretty! Red, white, and black is so perfectly wonderful and classic. I'd love to sit out there for awhile! The little sprigs of boxwood are such a tiny but sweet addition. :)

    Happy Thoughts of Home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fabulous tablescape you have created. Love the black and white tablecloth. Then the red and white dishes really pop on the table. Your red geraniums and spikes look great on the deck. Love it all, Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors, Lori, Your geraniums are so healthy and you have such a pretty setting. How nice to have a leisurely lunch with you hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lori, You are constantly an inspiration to me! Another lovely tablescape which I'm sure you enjoyed using on a warm summer day. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Lori!!! Love the black and white paired with your red geraniums, stunning! What a setting! The plate stack is beautiful, and the touch of boxwood really adds pop, just dreamy!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do love red, black, and white! I have a similar black checked tablecloth and I love it for so many different themes, and times of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love, love, love your color scheme. My favorite elements are your tablecloth, the little bird napkin rings, and the lanterns. I must remember to tuck some greenery into the napkin like you did...a lovely touch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A really pretty setting...and a lovely table.
    Black and white is a staple in our Summer House...:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am loving your red, black and white table! It is cheery and relaxing at the same time. We have only eaten dinners outside this summer as it has been SO darn hot! You have such a beautifuk setting outside. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great tablescape. I would sit for hours and enjoy the company and the view. I am so happy you shared your inspirational post at Dishing it and Digging it link party. We love having you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Black & white checks paired with red - beautiful!

    Thanks for sharing with SYC.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So elegant and pretty! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A perfect summer setting! I love the color combination and the b&w checks. I have a similar tablecloth and it's one of my favorites. Your outdoor dining area is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely, lovely!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".