Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Father's Day Woodland Tablescape


When decorating your table for Father's Day you have many options as far as choosing a theme goes.  You can pick a hobby of the dad you are celebrating and plan your table based on that.  Or if you are celebrating with multiple dads, you might want to just go with a more of a masculine theme.


For my Father's Day tablescape this year, I chose woodland inspired décor.  I had hoped to set it up outside but the weather forecast keeps changing so I've gone ahead and decorated the dining room for this special occasion.

Birch logs on a campfire seemed like a masculine thing to me so I designed a faux one as my centerpiece.

I started by placing orange acrylic pieces on a black tray hoping they resembled glowing embers.

My daughter gave me these battery-operated wire lights as a gift. I placed them on top of the logs to mimic sparks.

I dug out some Christmas greenery and surrounded the tray with bits of evergreens that you'd find on the forest floor.

Keeping with the forest or woodland theme, I added a white moose (also from my Christmas stash) and some birch candleholders Mr Delight made for me a few years back.



I hid the switch for the battery-operated lights under the greenery and scattered pine cones as well.

On the other side of the birch candleholders, I set a white deer head candleholder.

I opted not to put candles in them.



The black & white gingham table runner is actually 3 dish towels from the Dollar Store.

I used these bamboo type placemats that I've had for ages and faux bois chargers.

My black & white tree plates (Canadian Superstore a few years ago) came in handy as well for this type of theme.

Placecards were created by writing names on these little chalkboards and embellishing them with faux evergreen pieces.

I think the dads who will be gathered at this table (along with us women) will hopefully find the woodland theme pleasing.

On the sideboard behind the table, I placed more of the birch candleholders and two faux evergreen trees (okay... yes, they are Christmas decorations!)







Adding to the manly look, I draped a faux fur in the corner beside the sideboard.

Although my chalkboard writing leaves a lot to be desired, the sentiment is there.

Have you planned anything special for the father(s) you might be celebrating with?

 I know my husband, my dad and my father-in-law all deserve to be shown some appreciation.
Happy Father's Day to ALL the dads out there!

Thanks for visiting!
I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Saturday Sparks on Pieced Pastimes
Share it One More Time at Everyday Home
A Bouquet of Talent Saturday at Life on Lakeshore Drive
Sunday Showcase at An Alli Event
Sundays at Home at Love of Home
Silver Pennies Sunday at Silver Pennies
Dishing It & Digging It at Rustic & Refined
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life
Tuesday at Our Home at Our Home Away From Home
Tutorials & Tips at Home Stories A to Z
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Sizzle into Summer at DIY by Design
Share Your Style at Essence of Home
Share Your Cup at Art & Sand
Thursdays Favorite Things at Surroundings by Debi
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
Thoughts of Home Thursday at Décor to Adore
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Five Star Frugal at A Tray of Bliss
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Creative Ways at Posed Perfection
Foodie Friday & Everything Else at Rattlebridge Farm
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

14 comments:

  1. I love, love, love it all. Your woodland theme is perfect. Now who could think to add a fire to the middle of the table, how fun is this and those candles and plates. Ok, I said it, I love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous table and you always outdo yourself my friend. My favorite tablescaper you are!
    I love the plates, and those little lights your DD gave you are awesome and you created such an amazing logs with fire right as a centerpiece.
    I LOVE IT TOO !!
    Happy Father's Day.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful masculine table Lori! Love all your details, especially the amber glass to mimic embers, so clever! I have several strands of those mini lights, I just love them! So smart to raid your Christmas stash for the woodsy elements, I hope your guys have a wonderful Father's Day!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful tablescape for Father's Day and any time of the year. I love the rustic feel and the black and neutral colors. Great ideas for the glowing logs. And what doesn't scream nature than pine cones and evergreens. Beautiful table!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfectly masculine, Lori! I love the birch wood centerpiece. Love the color of that wood and we are seeing a lot of them while in Utah right now. Happy Father's Day to your hubby. I know he is pleased with your table....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Rustic, woodsy....perfect for any time I say. Beautiful table Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a perfect theme and table setting! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect setting for Father's day. Woodsy, outdoorsy and more. You always set a beautiful day and this one is no different. Thanks for sharing your unique style at DI&DI.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lori, what an awesome Father's Day Tablescape! I am in love with this beautiful setting. Love the plates! What a neat idea for that centerpiece. It looks so real! So glad I visited with you today. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fantastic. I love those logs sitting atop the glass. You could zip that up and use it for Christmas with a little bit of green. Just love!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful table! I love the black and white check runner! Your entire post is a delight. I enjoyed myself tremendously.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a charming and perfect setting for Father's day.
    I really like the woodsy, outdoorsy theme.
    You have such a talent for consistently setting a beautiful day and this one is no exception.
    Thank you for sharing this inspiration with us at TOHOT.
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an absolutely charming tablescape. I adore the centerpiece. Thank you so very much for sharing this wonderful post at Thoughts of Home on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lori, Love the woodland theme. Works well. The white stag and moose are great. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".