Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Beach Tablescape in the Cabana

What is summer without some sort of beach-themed décor?  It is fun to add a few shells or aqua coloured items to our surroundings to invoke the feeling of carefree easy living that being by the water brings. And creating an al fresco dining experience goes perfectly with that vibe.

With that in mind, I designed a beach-themed tablescape in what we call our cabana.

We enjoy a lot of meals out here during the summer.

Inspiration for my tablescape began with this aqua sequined table runner.
 It reminded me of ocean water glistening in the sun.

The centerpiece was created using a trio of hurricane vases.



I filled the bottoms of the vases with shells and blue glass beads.

Pier 1 aqua candles (Enchanted Paradise - love the scent and colour) were placed in the upper section.  I added some faux grasses as well.

These aqua blue candleholders were set in a shell-shaped plate that was lined with glass beads, shells and faux grasses.

Living in land-locked mountains, this is as close as I get to seaside living ;)

Some grassy orbs add to the look...

...as do scattered shells and beads.

In my summer dreaming, I picture a pool-side view instead of the cedars as a backdrop to the table.

The place settings consist of...

...aqua placemat, woven charger, driftwood-look charger -yes, 2 chargers :) and  aqua and white plates and bowls.

I placed aqua napkins inside the bowl with wooden napkin rings my dad made for me years ago.  They were embellished with some faux greenery and a shell.

These wine glasses fit the theme perfectly.

In case you missed it, they have tiny fish etched in them.

I enjoyed creating this...

...using items I already had on hand - that's right, nothing new here :)



Here is a look at how the cabana fits into our backyard set up.

On the other side of it, we have a patio area.

And this is the view from the cabana towards our sundeck.

Yes, a beach-themed table definitely puts me in a summertime frame of mind. With the table set, I just need to plan the menu and invite some guests!

Thanks for visiting!
I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Saturday Sparks on Pieced Pastimes
Share it One More Time at Everyday Home
A Bouquet of Talent Saturday at Life on Lakeshore Drive
Sunday Showcase at An Alli Event
Silver Pennies Sunday at Silver Pennies
Sundays at Home at Love of Home
Dishing It & Digging It at Rustic & Refined
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life
Tuesday at Our Home at Our Home Away From Home
Tutorials & Tips at Home Stories A to Z
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Swing Into Spring at DIY by Design
Share Your Style at Essence of Home
Share Your Cup at Art & Sand
Thursdays Favorite Things at Surroundings by Debi
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
Thoughts of Home Thursday at Décor to Adore
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Five Star Frugal at A Tray of Bliss
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Creative Ways at Posed Perfection
Foodie Friday & Everything Else at Rattlebridge Farm
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

29 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tablescape and such a pretty setting. I think this is definitley where you would find me anyday or time. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swoon Lori! I don't know where to begin! First of all, the sequin runner is gorgeous, and I love how you added so many different textures to the table. The chargers, the elegant fish etched stemware, the shells and glass, it's all stunning! You have inspired me to get out my hurricanes, lanterns and vases and freshen them up for summer! The photos with your greenery in the background are breathtaking, and I just assumed there was a pool back there, it sure feels like it!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful setting. Love, love your tablescape! Take care, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great space to relax in and love the tablescape thanks for sharing have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW what an amazing outdoor space! Your table setting is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, Lori! You know just how to put it all together! I have no eye for that kind of thing... :/ thanks so much for your inspiration! Thanks for sharing at Dishing It & Digging It!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Lori, and you bought nothing new to create this gorgeous tablescape in your cabana. You know how I love aqua and this is just divine to me. The runner is just beautiful with the sequins sparkling and then the centerpiece with the hurricanes, candles, shells, and grasses. I can't say say enough to say how much I love your table. Such a perfect eye you have for color and combination. Love, love, love, this one Lori. Wish I could sit at your table and enjoy it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see why you enjoy your meals out in your cabana...beautiful setting and tablescape as well.

    I also loved your previous post!

    Enjoy your summer!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. AnonymousJune 08, 2016

    What a magical and lovely setting for dining! I absolutely love the relaxing blues and aquas of the tablescape.
    --G
    http://gingerwroot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous tablescape from one of my favorite tablescapers! I should get some ideas from this cause I am creating a beach themed tablescape right now too. Happy summer!....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful! I love the beach theme. The centerpieces are beautiful! WOW! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing at SYC! jo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lori what a gorgeous table! The runner reminds me of a mermaid's tail. Thank you for so faithfully joining us at Thoughts of Home on Thursday. You are a treasured blogging friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lori, where do I begin, there is so much loveliness on your beach-inspired table! The runner is so pretty with its shimmer. Love all the aque with the shells...the plate stack is beautiful, and the napkin rings that your Dad made, how special is that! Thanks for sharing this gorgeous table ! Blessings, Pam @ Everyday Living

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your tablescape is just stunning.
    I love the runner and the different shades of soft turquoise.
    I love it all!
    Thank you for joining us at Thoughts of Home.
    Pinning

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love, love the colors you chose and all the gorgeous shimmer!
    Thank you for sharing this beautiful outdoor haven with us at TOHOT.
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mountains or sea, it's just as pretty as can be! :) Ha, ha, I'm a poet. Seriously though it really is gorgeous and just looking at it makes me feel much cooler. I too do not live by the ocean or sea, but love adding a bit of nautical and shell décor for summer. I'm holding off until after our wedding in two weeks. Then it will be coming out to play. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your backyard is stunning! I love your cabana and deck and your view is unbelievable! I'll bet you have some wonderful dinners there. Your beach-themed table is a treat to look at. Thank you so much for sharing this space. Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  19. Squeal! I love this sooo much. I am missing the tablescaping gene ( wink) but I always appreciate those who create them. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things link party. Watch for your feature this morning xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Lori, just hopping back to let you know that you will be featured at SYC this week.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your tablescapes are always stunning on my book and this one is no exception! The attention to detail is magnificent that if you didn't say you live surrounded by mountains, (like me) I'd think you were by the sea, lol.. Beautiful outside space too.
    I'm pinning.

    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a gorgeous setting for your amazing and beautiful tablescape. Beautiful plate stack, centerpiece, and the runner is exquisite. Love the napkin rings, I am sure they mean a lot to you. You have so creatively displayed the napkin rings with the flatware. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lori, what an exquisite table you've created! The runner, the beads, the seashells, it's like being there, at the beach. I love how nicely you played with the colors, texture and a little bit of sparkle. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a treat to see this table! I'm swooning over that table runner. It's perfect for a beach table setting. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So beautiful! You are ready for a party! Thank you for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lori, As soon as I saw the runner I thought of the sparkling waters of the ocean too! You have really captured the feeling of a seaside setting. I would really love to sit in your cabana and dream of the beach! The grass looks just like beach grass and even your pops of red/pink on the pillows and in the flower planters remind me of the walk to our beaches where the beach roses bloom. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  27. So lovely!! I really need, er...want those wine glasses!! So cute.
    And there is always a trade off....I have the pool behind my outdoor dining area...and I'm only a drive away from the beach, but we also have 96 degree days right now with 90% humidity. I'm in the deep south and it is HOT right now with no outlook for anything cooler for months. I bet you have chilly nights and cool breezes in those trees during the days.....and nice dry air!!!!

    Grass is always greener! Oh wait...our grass is getting browner because of the heat.....!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lori, this is so fresh and Summery! That sequinned table runner? Swoonworthy! Thanks for sharing at Five Star Frou-Frou this week. I hope you'll join me again for the new linkup. Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh the grassy orbs look like sea urchins! Perfection. Your post was like a lovely rose. Thank you for joining the garden party.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".