Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Valentine Kitchen Display


  1. With the LOVE month almost upon us, I thought I'd share this Valentine display I created in our kitchen last week.  I tried to incorporate shades of red, gray and white using items I had on hand. I also wanted it to have a wintry feel so added snowflakes along with the hearts.


Adding seasonal décor to a few areas of your home creates a fun and cheery vibe.

A couple of love birds set the scene for my display.

Red berries from my Christmas décor are given a Valentine twist by adding red hearts and placing them in a white pitcher.
The pitcher rests on a metal stand that usually holds a large glass drink dispenser.


Red snowflake mugs are set atop a cake stand.

White-handled spoons and napkins were placed inside the mugs.

Additional embellishments add a fun touch.

On the other side of the table, heart-shaped white plates and red-handled flatware fill a wire basket.

Gray placemats beside the basket give added height and colour to the display.

These galvanized metal pots were decorated with snowflakes and red napkins.

Valentine kisses await. I see one is starting to open...don't worry, I'll take care of that! ;-)

The full view

I added a few decorative items beneath the table as well.



Birch logs were set in this metal tub and decorated with faux red roses and hearts.


More faux red roses, a gray throw and red-bird pillow sit atop a basket.

A silver lantern's candle gives off a romantic glow.

Playing with dishes to set up this display was a very fun alternative to designing a full blown tablescape.

Hope you enjoyed seeing it.


 Maybe you've been inspired to create a Valentine display in your kitchen or some other area of your home.

Just shop your house for whatever might work, add some dishes and table linens and you'll have a Valentine vignette in no time. 

Thanks for visiting!
I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Saturday Sparks on Pieced Pastimes
Share it One More Time at Everyday Home
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life
Tuesday at Our Home at Our Home Away From Home
Tutorials & Tips at Home Stories A to Z
Talented Tuesdays at Home Remedies
Celebrate Your Story at Sweet Sensations
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Winter Blues at DIY by Design
Share Your Style at Northern Nesting
What's It Wednesdays at Ivy & Elephants
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
Treasure Hunt Thursday at From My Front Porch to Yours
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Thoughts of Home at Décor to Adore
Five Star Frugal at A Tray of Bliss
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Creative Ways at Posed Perfection
Foodie Friday & Everything Else at Rattlebridge Farm
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Weekend Retreat at AKA Design
Show & Tell Friday at My Romantic Home

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful...as usual :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very festive for Valentine's Day! Love your red mugs with the snowflakes, what a nice addition to the winter vignette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're ready for the month of love! I agree about adding a little holiday touch to one's home. I plan to add some to ours today. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your decor is so cute! Valentine's Day is always one of my favorite holidays to decorate for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really sweet Valentine display! Thanks for sharing, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute is this! Love all the different elements you used. The red snowflake cups and the white heart plates grabbed my attention! The pieces on the floor add to the warmth and romance of your vignette. I think you and I would get along just fine if we were neighbors!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning display as always your homw is so welcoming not only do I want to hang here I want to move in just to see what you come up with.love this Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful Valentine's Day vignette - the prettiest one I've seen yet! So much attention to detail. I'm not one to decorate for Valentine's Day but seeing this makes me want to get my Valentine decorating groove on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so festive and pretty and your pictures are beautiful. I'd love for you to share this gorgeous vignette at Celebrate Your Story Link party. The link is:
    http://www.thesweetsensations.com. Hope to see you there and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How beautiful and festive for such a fun season!
    You have inspired me.
    I am going to pan a tablescape tomorrow.

    Enjoyed visiting,
    Laura
    WSP

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lori, it just doesn't get any prettier than this! Gorgeous Valentine's display. Take care, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this! I especially like the use of snowflakes into your Valentine's decor. I am always torn about taking down my winter decorations for Valentine's decorations. You have solved that problem beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, how adorable! I love the idea of shopping my house for red and white items and putting together a Valentine's vignette! All of your details are so perfect. The grey plaid throw and the little pillow with the red birds also makes it look so cozy for the cold days of February. Thank you so much for sharing over at Celebrate Your Story! I hope we see you again on Saturday night!

    ReplyDelete
  14. CUTE CUTE CUTE! I love the birch log bucket with hearts and roses! Everything looks adorable! Styling a vignette in your kitchen is such a great idea Lori!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely "love" display. It had all the Valentine feel and the wintry feel as well. So beautiful.
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  16. You did a fabulous job decorating for Valentine's Day! Everything is so fresh and fun! I *adore* your stone birdies, they really captured my attention!

    Well done - you have an amazing collection of perfect Valentine's items! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lori I absolutely adore how you incorporated snowflakes with hearts. It is so cute and clever. You have a flair for display.

    I would love for you to link up this post on the inaugural edition of Thoughts of Home on Thursday. I think readers would really enjoy it. There is also a giveaway associated with it. Every link is entered into the drawing. Hope to see you there!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great way to transition from Christmas and winter decorating into Valentine's Day! Thank you for sharing at the Celebrate Your Story Link Up Party.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty! Love your red bird pillow!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lori, you are always an inspiration! Those heart shaped plates are to die for! Thanks for sharing at Five Star Frou-Frou. Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just love this! Love the snowflake incorporated with Valentine's. It's all very pretty and inspiring.

    Happy Thoughts of Home on Thursday. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".