Pages

Friday, December 11, 2015

Rustic Christmas Sideboard



As you probably already know, I usually try to coordinate the sideboard in my dining room with whatever tablescape I have created on the table. 

Here's a look at the rustic or country themed Christmas décor on my sideboard that I designed to go with my latest tablescape which you can see


I started with this large vintage bible which has special meaning to us (story for another day) and placed it in a wire basket.

A rugged cross stands beside it as a reminder of God's gift to us, His son, Jesus Christ.

Some birch logs and red berries add an outdoorsy accent.

Small Christmas trees and pillar candles give some height to the display.
 

The full view.

This white metal star represents the star that shone over Bethlehem.

I also created a little vignette on the table beside the sideboard.

A white pitcher is filled with Christmas greenery and some faux snowballs sit in front.

Birch and pine cones are displayed in the other corner.

I got this metal pine cone at Home Outfitters a few years back.

All it takes to get the look of a...

are some natural elements like birch and

some greenery with a few lights along with

something that speaks of the true meaning of Christmas.

Hope you enjoyed seeing it.

Thanks for visiting!

I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Saturday Sparks on Pieced Pastimes
Share it One More Time at Everyday Home
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life
Tutorials & Tips at Home Stories A to Z
Talented Tuesdays at Home Remedies
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Fall into Fall at DIY by Design
Share Your Style at Northern Nesting
What's It Wednesdays at Ivy & Elephants
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
Treasure Hunt Thursday at From My Front Porch to Yours
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Five Star Frugal at A Tray of Bliss
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Creative Ways at Posed Perfection
Foodie Friday & Everything Else at Rattlebridge Farm
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Weekend Retreat at AKA Design
Show & Tell Friday at My Romantic Home












11 comments:

  1. Lori: This might be my favorite of all the Christmas vignettes I've seen across blogland this year. I love the bible, cross and star along with the birch tree logs. It's just perfect. Very, very beautiful and meaningful decor. I wish you and yours a very merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this theme you came up with. The star and the bible are such nice choices. It's fun to see everybody's homes during the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, and with meaning. I really like the greenery and pine cones with the berries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love everything rustic .... The Bible cover is truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sideboard Lori! Love the Bible and Cross to remind us of the meaning of Christmas. I recently found a large old Bible at my parents home and think I'll use it on my Christmas sideboard. Thanks for that inspiration. I always love your attention to detail in each of your designs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it. That Bible is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you explained the significance of your decor on the side board!! Everything is displayed to perfection!! Very pretty - Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lori, I love seeing a vignette depicting the true meaning of Christmas. This is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing at Five Star Frou-Frou. Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sure do like the theme and especially using the vintage Bible. Having reminders aetting around our homes for why we celebrate Christmas is something I like to do too. Merry Christmas, Linda @bushelandapickle.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! Merry Christmas! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my this is SO lovely! (I spotted you on Mimi's blog : )
    I'm glad I stopped in. Very beautiful sideboard display! Thanks for sharing~ Karen O

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".