Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Fall Mantel 2015

Lately, I've seen some wonderful examples of decorating for fall using very neutral colours.  I thought about embracing the trend but that's as far as I got. There's just something about the rich bold hues of fall that I love - must be the cozy and comforting feeling they give me. 

And there's no cozier place in our home than sitting by the fireplace on a chilly fall day.
Thus, the Fall Mantel 2015 looks similar to many of its predecessors with its orange pumpkins and colourful leaves however, let me show you a few differences.
Because the mirror over the mantel is black, I added a few more black accents to tie it in.
I had two of these black glass vases so filled them with some faux grasses and pumpkins.
This black metal candle holder made a good centerpiece.
The only newer items on the mantel are two of these wooden lanterns (Pharmasave Drug Store). I put faux candles inside which are activated with a remote - so handy!
I made a FALL banner/bunting from cut-out leaf shapes and letters for below the mantel.  I just taped them onto the existing curtain rod.
Underneath everything is a stretch of burlap ribbon laid along the mantel.
While we appreciate the colourful mantel in the day, the time we really enjoy this ambiance is at night.
I've placed white mini-lights around the back of the mirror and along the back edge of the mantel. I leave these up year round and work them into the seasonal décor.
Another type of soft lighting is this battery-operated LED branch which I've tucked into the basket of birch on the hearth.
Those lights along with the candlelight make for a soft glow in the room.
Two small cases, one filled with fall décor, sit on the left side of the hearth.
Hmmm, this does have a bit of a neutral look to the items in the center.  Of course, I had to add the more colourful faux fern fronds and a sunflower :)
Maybe someday I'll give the neutral fall décor thing a try, but for now, I say, "bring on the orange!"
I hope you will check back in for upcoming posts on more of my fall décor.
 Thanks for visiting!
 I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Saturday Sparks on Pieced Pastimes
Sundays Down Under at Natasha in Oz
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life
Tuesday at Our Home at Our Home Away From Home
Tutorials & Tips at Home Stories A to Z
Talented Tuesdays at Home Remedies
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Fall into Fall at DIY by Design
Share Your Style at Northern Nesting
What's It Wednesdays at Ivy & Elephants
Thursday Favorite Things at Surroundings by Debi
Treasure Hunt Thursday at From My Front Porch to Yours
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Five Star Frugal at A Tray of Bliss
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Creative Ways at Posed Perfection
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Foodie Friday & Everything Else at Rattlebridge Farm
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Weekend Retreat at AKA Design
Show & Tell Friday at My Romantic Home

23 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Lori ... so cozy ... I just want to curl up with a great read and linger awhile! I agree about the bold colors this time of year ... they really do help make one's home feel as though Fall is in the air. Your black pieces are perfect with your pretty orange florals and pumpkins. Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and looks so cozy and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fall mantle is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mantel is breathtaking!! I just LOVE it! The colors are so beautiful! Please consider joining our party, Friday Favorites, and sharing with us! The doors open every Thursday at 7PM at mustlovehome.com! Have a super day- Christine at Must Love Home

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your fall mantel....so pretty! Looking forward to seeing more of your fall decor!
    Blessings,
    Lanita

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your home decor and tablescaping! The Lord has certainly gifted you with an amazing and inspiring talent! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it looks beautiful! I love the Fall colors, and while I have a new affinity to the color turquoise, I have found that it is a perfect compliment to any of my Fall decor......love it with orange! Your fireplace and mantel are gorgeous, and I would probably keep the lights dimmed all day and just sit and enjoy the lovely ambiance!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, warm and welcoming...........
    Lovely focal point, you did a great job!

    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mantles have been a real inspiration to me to try new things. Love this! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anmazing country touches with a contemporary background. You did this very well, Happy Fall! Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your warm Fall mantel definitely makes a person want to come and sit by your fire!
    so nice to meet another Canadian blogger, Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree - I love the classic colors of fall too. Your mantel is gorgeous. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Fall mantel is so beautiful... I would just love to cozy up right there and enjoy the pretty decor.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the things you have added at the bottom of the fireplace too! Beautiful! Thanks for joining Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the mantel. The LED light in the basket on the hearth is a great idea- I've never thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello.
    You have the most beautiful fall mantel.
    You did a great job.
    Enjoy the weekend.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your fall mantel is beautiful! I love the stone and all the colors!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  18. it is all so warm and wonderful, perfect for welcoming the new season. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. Watch for your feature on Monday xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have such a great eye Lori. This is just stunning! Thanks so much for sharing at Five Star Frugal. Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow you knocked it out of the park with this! Love every detail especially that basket on th hearth. I've seen those lighted branches but never a good way to display one. I love it clustered with the birch and that basket is so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So warm and cozy!
    And I'm crazy about those lanterns!

    xx
    Mila

    http://milaslittlethings.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".