Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Fall Decor on Window Table

Pumpkins and leaves seem to epitomize the items we use to decorate our homes for fall. And there are so many ways to display them!
Here's a look at a grouped centerpiece I created on the table near our front windows. 


  This is the spot Mr. Delight and I often sit for a morning chat over coffee or an evening tete-a-tete with a glass of wine.
 
Of course, some faux pumpkins and leaves were brought out to create a fall display on the table.
 
 
I like the contrast of the white and silver pumpkins with the colourful leaves.
(white ones/Canadian Superstore this year, silver ones/HomeSense last year)
 
Some square black candleholders were used as risers to elevate the pumpkins to different levels which is more pleasing to the eye.
 
Fall brings a gradual end to the long days of summer and that calls for cozy candlelight to light the darker evenings.
 
The soft glow of a flickering flame creates the perfect atmosphere for intimate conversation.
 
Yes it is definitely time for us all to bring out the pumpkins and leaves and decorate some of the areas of our homes that we spend a lot of time in.
 
 The added décor on this little table makes it the perfect spot to enjoy a morning coffee before work...
 
...or in the evening for a catch-up conversation on the events of the day.
 
You don't have to go all out but do try putting out a pumpkin or two and a few leaves on one of the surfaces in your home and see how much it adds to your enjoyment of the season.
You'll be surprised!
 
Thanks for visiting!
I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Saturday Sparks on Pieced Pastimes
Sundays Down Under at Natasha in Oz
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life
Tuesday at Our Home at Our Home Away From Home
Tutorials & Tips at Home Stories A to Z
Talented Tuesdays at Home Remedies
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Fall into Fall at DIY by Design
Share Your Style at Northern Nesting
What's It Wednesdays at Ivy & Elephants
Thursday Favorite Things at Surroundings by Debi
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
Treasure Hunt Thursday at From My Front Porch to Yours
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Five Star Frugal at A Tray of Bliss
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Creative Ways at Posed Perfection
Foodie Friday & Everything Else at Rattlebridge Farm
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Weekend Retreat at AKA Design
Show & Tell Friday at My Romantic Home

14 comments:

  1. Such a pretty area and I love those chairs and the vignette is stunning. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful fall vignette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love the color combinations added to the sparkle and pure white. Gorgeous!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! I love the varying heights of your pretty white pumpkins - very nice. Consider me inspired! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of your vignettes are beautiful! Love it all...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty and elegant. Makes me want to curl up in one of the chairs with a good book and read by the candle light... perhaps some Dickens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes it looks so pretty the white and silver pumpkins and the pitcher with leaves!
    You did a great job decorating for fall.
    Enjoy the weekend.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great mix of pumpkins! So pretty!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Afternoon Lori, I love visiting people who dress their homes for Autumn as it is a tradition which we do not seem to do, here in England.
    I love your silver pumpkins.... they are very different to any I have seen before... oh and I love how you have placed your chairs and table by the window. I can understand why you love sitting there.... it must be such a delight.
    I have enjoyed my visit so I have become a new follower.
    Best wishes to you.
    Daphne
    ivyphyllisandme.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! Love the evening candle pictures, such a beautiful glow!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE me MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lori, I'm catching on to this Seasonal decorating idea. We in Australia don't do it so much and yet it's so special to celebrate the changes. I adore your silver pumpkins. They're just beautiful. thanks for sharing at Five Star Frugal. Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful floral arrangment and lovely vignette. Love all you pumpkins........I am a huge pumpkin fan.........lol

    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your style! I like how you created the different levels and the use of the silvery accents. This is an elegant and refined look. Love that wood table too- it's a beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a classy and beautiful area you have created. It looks very cozy and warm.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".