Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Harley Davidson Table for Father's Day

As any entertainer knows, advance planning is key to hosting a successful get-together.
With that in mind, I did a practice run of the tablescape for the Father's Day meal I am hoping to host next weekend. Weather permitting, we will be eating in our backyard.


Although our kids won't be able to make it home to celebrate with their dad this year, I still want to make the day special for him.
Mr. Delight's summer time hobby is riding his Harley Davidson motorcycle which I thought was the perfect theme for the Father's Day table.
 
Inspiration began with this wonderful model of Mr. D's bike, (Road King Classic) which a good friend gave him.
I placed it on a round mirror and put a cloche over it to create a centerpiece.
An orange Harley bandana was draped over a pedestal cake plate which served as a platform for the cloche.
  
Once the centerpiece was designed, I got to work on the rest of the table.  I placed these white candles on chrome-look-alike silver candleholders however, a strong breeze kept blowing them out so you'll notice in later pics, I changed them for some mercury glass votive holders.
On one side of the cloche, a mirrored tray holds a pair of HD leather gloves, a candle and some black sunglasses.

On the other side, the mirror tray holds an old beanie helmet of Mr. D's.

Some Harley Davidson logos were copied off the 'net, printed and cut out to help create these perfectly themed dishes.  I taped them to these orange/white salad plates just for décor purposes.  I may place a small clear plate over top depending on the menu I come up with.

Glassware was a given with these HD glasses Mr. D has had for quite awhile now.

A shimmery gray/silver table runner mimics the open highway.
Orange placemats on a black tablecloth along with the fois bois chargers add to the HD and masculine look of the table.
 
I placed menu cards from a previous HD dinner beside the plates as a sample of what I might do for the actual Father's Day meal. 

The table is set for four and since our kids can't make it home, we will be inviting another couple over to help us celebrate Father's Day.

After dinner, I hope the weather is nice enough to move over to this area.

Mr. D can put his feet up and relax in this Adirondack chair decked out with a Harley Davidson throw.
A glass of his favourite beer will no doubt hit the spot once poured into this HD beer glass.
He can then share some pictures and stories with us from this Harley Davidson book. 

Since he was the one that recently painted this chair and footstool for me, he deserves some R&R in it!
I'm looking forward to Father's Day this Sunday and am glad I have my tablescape planned out.  Have you given any thought as to what you are going to do on this special day?
Thanks for visiting!

I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Saturday Sparks on Pieced Pastimes
Sundays Down Under at Natasha in Oz
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life
Tuesday at Our Home at Our Home Away From Home
Tutorials & Tips at Home Stories A to Z
Talented Tuesdays at Home Remedies
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Swing into Spring at DIY by Design
Share Your Style at Northern Nesting
What's It Wednesdays at Ivy & Elephants
Thursday Favorite Things at Surroundings by Debi
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Idea Box at Mila's Little Things
Creative Ways at Posed Perfection
Foodie Friday & Everything Else at Rattlebridge Farm
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Weekend Retreat at AKA Design
Show & Tell Friday at My Romantic Home

15 comments:

  1. This is totally amazing. Both my sons have Harley's and they would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect theme for Father's Day Lori. Love your table and I know you husband will too. You can't beat orange and black, that was our daughter's high school colors so I am partial. Your miniature Harley is great on the table under the bell jar. Wish I was at your table. I'm not blogging much right now. I'm in Illinois taking care of my Dad and probably will be for months so no tablescapes. Trying to do a few other types of posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, very classy tablescape!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this tablescape! Hubby would love it too, it might even help get him out on his bike! My hubs has been busy doing a wagon project for charity and so far every weekend he has been busy welding and fabricating a 4x4 wagon. I think a table like this would be a nice thank you on Fathers day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever and very thoughtful Father's Day table. I think your details are just perfect. Like your idea of adding the logos to the plates, then overlaying with a clear glass plate. I once used that concept with some calendar pages. It's a terrific idea for a special theme without having to purchase theme dishes. Yes, it's all great right down to the after dinner relaxation chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! My hubby and I will be traveling on Father's Day or I might use your idea! Mr. Wonderful also rides a Road King Classic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not a Harley-Davidson fan, per se, but I think I could easily be converted with this beautiful tablescape. What a fabulous job you've done here! The attention to detail is incredible, you didn't miss a thing. The vignette with the Adirondack chair is magazine worthy. I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a darling theme for your Father's Day table! I love all the special little touches. Thank you for sharing at SYS this week and enjoy your Father's Day celebration!
    XO Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  9. ha! It's perfectly fabulous! How clever to make your own Harley Davidson plates! I am crazy about all your details, love that Nasty Habit beer~ Totally too much fun, he will be thrilled!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  10. How special for him! You put a great effort into it. Thanks for sharing with Thursday Favorite Things and hope you have an amazing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great table for a Harley owner!

    ReplyDelete
  12. AnonymousJune 19, 2015

    Awesome...one of the best themed tables ever. Great plates and you've carried out all the details beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love your Father's Day tablescape so much thought and creativity went into this. I'm visiting from What's It Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bravo Lori! Your fathers Day table is perfect with the Harley Davidson theme! I like the Harley Davidson plates - they look fantastic with the rest of the HD items and that fabulous model set on the draped cake stand under the cloche. Masculine yet still beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".