Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

New Year's Eve Tablescape

I'm late to the party in posting this but I wanted to share the New Year's Eve tablescape I created last week.
Mr. Delight gave me a new camera for Christmas and I thought what better way to try it out than with this "sparkly" nighttime table.


Perhaps it will inspire you with a few ideas for next year.
The chandelier was given a festive look with some curling ribbon and disco ball ornaments.
I started with a centerpiece created with a trio of cylinder vases. These were filled with disco ball and silver ornaments along with faux ice chips and topped with sparkly "fireworks" type picks.
These were placed on mirrors and surrounded with candleholders and a couple of New Year's horns.
The colour scheme of silver, black and white creates an elegant sophisticated vibe to the table.

Martini glasses became placecard holders.
They were filled with ornaments, curling ribbon on a base of bubble glass balls.
A black placemat, silver charger, black dinner plate and floral swirl white salad plate make up each place setting.
A snowflake napkin ring adds some sparkle to a white napkin in a bow fold.
Silver gray damask tablecloth was a gift from my daughter...
...as were these pretty snowflake patterned pillows.
Over in the sideboard area, I made this "2015" banner and placed it over this huge clock that normally hangs in the kitchen. Of course, it is set to almost midnight.
In the middle of the sideboard, some bubbly is ready for when the clock strikes twelve.
There will be a toast to the New Year! 
My shiny penguin and some winter accents add to the celebratory décor.
Mr. Penguin looks like he is ready to party!

On the other end of the sideboard, a vase of sparkly branches add a festive touch and a New Year's hat and horn are waiting for the celebration.


Disco ball ornaments hung from the chandelier and a lit Christmas tree in the background create a party atmosphere.

Here's a list of a few items you might want to round up to create a similar look.

Thanks for visiting!

All the best for 2015!
I'll be linking this post to these fantastic blog parties:
Creative Ways at Posed Perfection
Winter Blues Wednesday at DIY by Design
What's It Wednesdays at Ivy & Elephants
Tablescape Thursdays at Between Naps on the Porch
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Weekend  Retreat at AKA Design & Life
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Foodie Friday & Everything Else at Rattlebridge Farm
Show & Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Saturday Sparks at Pieced Pastimes
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Sunday Showcase at Under the Table and Dreaming
Home Sweet Home (Thursdays) at The Charm of Home
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life
Tuesdays at Our Home at Our Home Away From Home
Talented Tuesdays at Home Remedies
Wow us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style

11 comments:

  1. WOW! Double WOW!
    These pictures took my breath away. Your guests must have gone crazy with all the elegance. Love the mirrored ornaments. I can't say enough about your tablescape, except to way I wish I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all things shiny and sparkly and this is beautiful!!! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Your new camera is doing very well, that's on my wish list. Love the color scheme for your table and all the details. Nice!!
    Carole @ From My Carolina Home

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! A perfect party setting for NYE. Great photos too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely incredible! Took my breath away! This setting definitely puts you into the celebratory spirit! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! You took some great photos with your new camera.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As usual your table is spectacular very sparkly and shiny and very elegant.where did you get the mini disco balls I think they helped to pull this off so well.Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, elegant table...perfect for the New Year. Love the centerpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't tell you how much I LOVE this table!!! It is elegant, sophisticated and FUN!!! Love all the shiny mirror abjects and the "fireworks" picks are perfect! Thanks for sharing this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is by far the best New Years Eve Table that I have ever seen! On the WOW factor I rate this gorgeous design at a 10+ I love the sparkle and the glitz and glamor of everything. Simply beautiful. Please do a post about your new camera, the pictures you took with it are fabulous..... Candy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for this systematic update. During the time of Christmas and New Year I have attended many events in New York. They all were well planned and I had so much fun there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".