Pages

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Cylinder Vases with Inserts - Get the Look!


Over the years, I've had many emails from my readers asking me where I purchased the trio of cylinder vases with inserts that I've shown many times in my various tabletop designs.



I have enjoyed using these type of vase/hurricanes with the inserts for so many occasions. They are super EASY to jazz up with seasonal décor and always look terrific.

At one point, I used to see them in all sorts of stores and then, for some reason, they were not to be found.  Now, you usually only see the cylinder vases without the inserts.




Fortunately, the other day while in Walmart, I happened upon this "Decorative Candle Holder Set" by Hometrends for $12.99 (CA)


It comes with a black mirrored tray and some pebbles but it was the glass candle holders that really caught my eye.

I went in search of a cylinder vase in the store and tried putting one in the top.  I was so happy to see it fit perfectly.
Once at home, I tried them in various cylinder vases I had on hand.  Not all cylinder vases are created equal with some being narrower/wider and the glass inserts fit better in some than in others but they still worked.

So, if you are wanting to create some dramatic yet easy tabletop décor for the upcoming holiday season and beyond ...RUN, don't walk to your nearest Walmart and grab yourself a set of these fantastic candle holders to use inside your cylinder vases. 



Cylinder vases can be found at thrift stores, dollar stores or Walmart and are usually inexpensive. You might want to take one of the inserts with you to ensure it fits in the cylinder vase you are getting.

Another item that is optional but very beneficial if you want to burn candles inside the inserts are these small votive holders.  They are also widely available at dollar stores.



And just so you don't think the mirrored tray and pebbles in the Hometrends Decorative Candle Set would go to waste, you can still use the items as they intended...


...or you can see I inverted the tray and placed the vases on it. The pebbles were used in the vases and scattered on the tray.

 
Once you have these key pieces (cylinder vase, glass insert and small glass votive holder), the sky is the limit as to the items you can put inside the vase (and/or the insert portion) to decorate them for the seasons.
Here's just a few of the ways I've done them up for different holidays.


 Christmas Display with Snowmen


Spring Display 
Summer Coffee Table Centerpiece

St. Patrick's Day Centerpiece

Fall Display in the Bathroom

Valentine's Day Centerpiece
Summer Tablescape Centerpiece
I hope you are able to find a set of the Decorative Candle Holders by Hometrends so you can create your own set of cylinder vases with inserts and have as much fun as I do creating seasonal centerpieces. 

Update#1: On searching Walmart.ca, I also saw these
"3 Light Glass Hurricane and Tray" by Elegant Expressions which might also work.
 Click here to see link to those ones.

Update # 2: One of my readers (thanks Craig!) suggested Yankee Candle as a place to get both inserts and cylinder vases.  I found this link here.


I'd love to know if this post helped you and what you put together as a result!

To see another post about cylinder vases with inserts click here.

Thanks for visiting!

I'll be linking this post to these fantastic blog parties:
Sunday Showcase at Under the Table and Dreaming
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Tips & Tutorials at Home Stories A to Z
Fall into Fall at DIY by Design
Wow Us Wednesdays at Saavy Southern Style
What's It Wednesdays at Ivy & Elephants
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Tablescape Thursdays at Between Naps on the Porch
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Creative Ways at Posed Perfection
Show & Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Say G'day Link Party at Natasha in Oz
Saturday Sparks at Pieced Pastimes

12 comments:

  1. What a great idea. I love it. Thanks for the info, I need to make a trip to Walmart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!! I had planned to go to Walmart tomorrow anyway so will be picking these up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always loved your cylinder sets when I have seen them in your tablescapes and vignettes. Thanks so much for sharing this find. This looks like something I could easily put on my Christmas list for the grandsons to get for me. Its definitely in their price range and they would be tickled to see me use them in various centerpieces for our family dinners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the info. I have been wanted those cylinder sets too. I love all the ways you decorated them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori,
    These are all so beautiful, I had to share them in my Things That Make Me Smile :) portion on my blog! You can see it here: http://christmanscreations.com/2014/11/06/things-that-make-me-smile-7/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea. I love anything that gives that much flexibility and these are vases for all seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this! Perfect for Christmas gifts for my daughters--and me! ;)

    Cathy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow they do look pretty for any occasion! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous idea to share! Works for any holiday and everyday settings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very, very pretty! I will be looking for some of those at Walmart on my next visit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE this idea! Thanks for sharing your post at the Say G’Day linky party. I’ve just pinned this to the Say G’Day Saturday board.

    Thanks so much for supporting the #saygdayparty!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just found a set of these at a store we have here by the name of Burkes Outlet! Can't wait to get them home and decorate with them! You have given me a lot of decorating inspiration! Blessings to you and family!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".