Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Creating a Beach Centerpiece and Tablescape


Hi there! Today, I thought I'd share a few tips on creating a beach-inspired centerpiece and tablescape for any upcoming summer get-togethers you may be planning.
First off, let's take a look at how easy it is to put together a centerpiece that fits with this theme.

     


It's pretty self explanatory but here's a mini-tutorial in pictures.


I used these rectangular glass vases but clear cylinder vases would be nice too.

 I have collected these items from various places over the years but similar items could all be purchased at Walmart or even some Dollar Stores.
 
To me, the item most people don't think about using is the beach type grass-greenery but it adds so much to the look.
 
Here is another variation...
 
By placing multiple vases in a row on the table, you will have created a very dramatic centerpiece.
 
 
Now, some tips on creating a tablescape that complements your centerpiece.
 
 Choose dishes that are either beach-related in their colour or their shape.
 
 
Here, I used a silver charger, white dinner plate, blue salad plate and a clear shell-shaped plate under a blue soup bowl.
 
 
Placecards are set next to a shell which could be decorative or could be a little take-home-memento for guests.
 
 
If you have some type of woven material, burlap or as seen here, bamboo table runner, it will add the perfect rustic texture to your beach-y table.
 
 
Scattered shells and blue glass beads reflect a seashore vibe.
 
 
Shell tealight holders stick with the theme but also add some ambiance...
 
...as do other candleholders  placed in between the vases.
 
 
 
 
 
Another tip for any type of tablescape - if the tablecloth you want to use doesn't fit your table, layer it over another one. 
Above, you see my shorter aqua tablecloth is placed over a longer brown one. You will note, I used white placemats as well.  I like a LOT of layers!
 
And there you have it! 
So round up a few glass vases, some sand, shells, glass beads & grass-greenery and create your own version of a beach-inspired table for your next summer gathering be it indoors or out!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
I'll be linking this post to these terrific blog parties:
Wow us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Swing into Spring at DIY by Design
Tutorials & Tips at Home Stories A to Z
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Feathered Nest Fridays at French Country Cottage
Fabulously Creative Friday at Jennifer Rizzo
Say G'Day Saturday at Natasha in Oz
Sunday Showcase at Under the Table & Dreaming
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings
Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Table It at Rustic & Refined
The Scoop at Stone Gable


10 comments:

  1. How timely is this!! Just TODAY I was decorating several areas of my house with my shells. I have a very large collection so out touches in several rooms. I LOVE your table and the centerpieces are fabulous! I also took a hurricane and layered blue glass pieces with shells too! Great minds:) Now if I could just do a post but blogger isn't allowing me to load my pictures! UGH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the row of beachy vases, full of a variety of things, and yes the grass add so much! Love all the layers too!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous centerpieces DD, I have been wanting to do a beachy table but had no clue of what to do for a centerpiece. Thanks for the inspiration and beautiful table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your idea and your tutorial is wonderful. The table looks beautiful with the centerpiece and scattered glass pieces.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaahh....such a pretty tablescape...quite relaxing! Makes us all ready for a beachy kind of party! Well done. Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm coming over~ my name is on the place card! ;) The table is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are SO right about how the greenery makes a huge difference! I have a beachy feel going on through many rooms in our home this summer, and greenery was a must to bring it alive. There are those fun air succulents (I think that's what they're called...we bought them at a recent flower & garden show) that are perfect for adding beachy looking greenery. It's weird to me how they survive on air alone, but go figure! :-)

    Your table looks fantastic with all the layers. I'm a huge, huge fan of layering for a more engaging effect, and you did a great job with it. I especially love the aqua over the brown. So many people dismiss brown as a color to use in summer, but I use it all the time. It's a color that's associated with the earth and with sand...how could it NOT be a summer color???

    Very pretty! Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love your tablescape....reminds me of being back home in Florida and having a wonderful BBQ at the shore!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty tablescape! I love all of the beachy elements. The blue is so pretty; and the whole setting feels very cool and airy. This is perfect for Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing at the Say G'day party. I've just pinned your stunning tablescape post to my Say G'day Saturday board. It's gorgeous!

    Hope you can join us again this weekend.

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".