Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

Seaside by the Fireside



 Last month, I created a tablescape for Mr. Delight's birthday.  We had originally wanted an outdoor meal but because the weather didn't cooperate, I went with the next best thing, a Seaside by the Fireside theme.
Although it was created in a hurry, I think it made a good substitute location for the birthday meal.
 
 
 
 
I started designing the table around these new white pillar candle holders (found recently at a local boutique, "Beyond Gifts"). I topped them with some blue pillar candles I had.                              
 
Two of the candles were placed on the table in front of the fireplace and the one below went on the opposite side.
 


Below, you can see how they added a similar element to both sides of the table.
 
 The centerpiece was made up of the following items.
A grass orb placed on a burlap/glass container,
 (HomeSense a few years back/gift from my daughter)
 
 
four of these blue twine-wrapped tealight holders and
 
two of these starfish-shaped "plates" (both found recently locally at Cooper's grocery store - love it when I can buy decor items with my groceries!)
 
The addition of various shells and starfish add to the beachy vibe I wanted to create.
 
 
The place settings incorporated dishware/chargers/placemats and napkins that I've had for quite awhile.
 
 
These shell-shaped tealight holders are new though (Pharmasave drug store) and were fun to use along with blue glass beads atop a clear shell-shaped plate.
 
 
 
 
A simple tulip-shaped wine glass for each of us completes the place settings.
 
 
 
If you'd like a closer look at what's on the mantel, click HERE.
 
By now, you might have noticed that the chairs in the pics above are not always the same...
 
I tried out our very large cream leather ones shown above
 as well as the brown wingbacks below
 
Since it was Mr. Delight's birthday, I let him choose and we went with the larger leather ones which did not "go" as well with the smaller table but are very deep and comfy.
 
What was on the menu?  Why his favourite, Seafood Lasagne of course!  I didn't get a pic of it this time but you can see a similar fireside birthday meal with it HERE.
 
So even though we didn't get to dine outside as planned, the cozy Seaside by the Fireside setting proved to be just as good!
 

 
Thanks for visiting!
 
I'll be linking this post to the following terrific blog parties:
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Show & Tell Fridays at My Romantic Home
Be Inspired at Common Ground
Say G'Day Saturday at Natasha In Oz
Sunday Showcase at Under the Table and Dreaming
Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Let's Dish at Cuisine Kathleen
Tablescape Thursdays at Between Naps on the Porch
Tutorials, Tips & Tidbits at Stone Gable


 
 
 

14 comments:

  1. I love all your votive and candle holders. Your table is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your seaside theme has been executed beautifully! I love your tablescape and all your candles!

    If you have a minute to spare I'd be thrilled if you could share this post at my weekly Say G'Day linky party. It's on now and this would be a great addition!

    Best wishes for a lovely week,
    Natasha in Oz
    www.natashainoz.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning. I love your tablescape and the gorgeous soft aqua colors, then placing it by the fireplace is such a beautiful setting. This is one of my favorite tablescapes. Thanks tons for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply Smashing Coastal tablescape.
    Love all the colors and that look,
    very pretty, and so is your mantle.
    I really enjoy that look for the summer too. I am hoping to do my
    living room soon, or if not it might have to wait till next year....lol

    Blessings and thanks for sharing your eye candy with us.
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your candlelight makes for a romantic table by the fireside! Love your layers and elements!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's all very lovely! love the soft touches of aqua with the shells and flickering fire light!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great premise for a blog, thanks for following!

    The girls at The Shabby Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, love all your tablescapes! We are doimg am Italian theme dinner next week. Do you have any ideas for me? lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your table is lovely! Coastal themes are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Seaside by the Fireside. The flicker of the fire is perfect with your candlelight. You're the best with your use of light on the table and surrounding area. Love the blue votive holders and the cute seashell votive holders. I have never done a seaside table but have been collecting a few things to use in case I do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely romantic seascape!
    Have a wonderful week...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the combination of seaside and the fireplace. Very peaceful.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty, DD, and so romantic by your lovely fireplace!
    Thanks so much for linking to Let's Dish!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It doesn't get any cozier than this!! What a lovely table for two! Great job! ~Zuni

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".