Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Christmas Morning Tablescape



Imagine Christmas morning in your house...family gathered around the tree opening presents and revelling in the merriment and joy of being together.  When the last gift is opened and maybe some of the wrappings cleaned up, what happens next?

Well, in our home, that's when we gather round the table for a special breakfast.

 
A festively set table is so important for any meal on Christmas Day and that includes breakfast.
 
This year, I'm planning more of a Country Christmas look for our morning meal that day.

 
A red and white buffalo check tablecloth was the inspiration for this table design.

 
The centerpiece was created with these three red pots (local florists' shop) set on top of birch rounds.
 
Faux greens and red berries with pine cones were arranged in each pot.
 
Two of these wooden lanterns (Pharmasave) were set at each end of the table.
 
Faux candles that light up easily by remote control were accented with more faux greenery.
 
Bronze toned reindeer flank the centerpiece and stand in front of the place settings.
 
These bowls from Pier 1 are the perfect Christmas red for the table. I made the surrounding wreaths using grapevine wreaths from Michael's and hot-gluing faux boxwood from the Dollar Store onto them.
 
Snowflake mugs are perfect for some steaming hot coffee.
 
Each place setting gets a celebratory candle.
 
When planning your meals for Christmas Day, don't forget to plan the décor for your...
 
By doing so, you'll continue the feeling of excitement and celebration as you transition from gathering round the Christmas tree to sitting down to a special holiday breakfast.
 
Our traditional Christmas breakfast starts with fruit salad followed by Eggs Benedict with hash browns and pork sausages. Beverages include coffee and Bailey's Irish Cream along with a special orange juice punch. 
 
I'll be sharing some close ups of the decor on the sideboard behind the table in an upcoming post. Hope you'll check back.
 
Thanks for visiting!
I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Christmas Open House at Common Ground
Saturday Sparks on Pieced Pastimes
Sundays Down Under at Natasha in Oz
Share it One More Time at Everyday Home
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life
Tuesday at Our Home at Our Home Away From Home
Tutorials & Tips at Home Stories A to Z
Talented Tuesdays at Home Remedies
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Fall into Fall at DIY by Design
Share Your Style at Northern Nesting
What's It Wednesdays at Ivy & Elephants
Thursday Favorite Things at Surroundings by Debi
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
Treasure Hunt Thursday at From My Front Porch to Yours
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Five Star Frugal at A Tray of Bliss
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Creative Ways at Posed Perfection
Foodie Friday & Everything Else at Rattlebridge Farm
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Weekend Retreat at AKA Design
Show & Tell Friday at My Romantic Home


18 comments:

  1. It's hard to find the perfect red, and you've found it. I'm going to check the Dollar Store for some faux boxwood. A beautiful Christmas table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, I have a smaller table I like to set for holiday breakfasts too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute and realistic tablescape....love the wreaths under the bowls....great Idea and I know I have bunch of those wreaths, somewhere, thanks for the great idea, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lori! Oh, your tablescape is just beautiful! Those red bowls! I love them. Your centerpiece is simple but really looks great. I want your lanterns. :) Thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect! Love your dishes and greenery and those wreaths beneath...love!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lori, beautiful table, love to read you have a Christmas breakfast too. We have had this tradition going on for years in our family. Sometimes it's different family members who are able to attend but the tradition continues. Your red pots are perfect for your table and the wreaths under the bowls are a hit. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful table! I love how you used the tiny wreaths as mini chargers too!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a delightfully cozy tablescape. Such a gift for all those who will sit at your table.
    May all the joys of the season be yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful! I always love your table arrangements. Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous table. Love the check. The red posts on top of the Birch tree rounds are so clever. Love your lanterns as well. What a charming tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty Lori! My favorite part is the boxwood wreaths under the red bowls, that just says Christmas morning to me! I love the big checked cloth too, the perfect touch of casual for a morning meal...your menu sounds divine! I'd like to come to your house please!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just darling Lori! I've learned so much from you this year. I'm so thrilled that you came and shared at Five Star Frou-Frou. I'll be stealing elements of this idea for sure. Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lori,
    I saw your beautiful feature at Suzanne's party this morning and had to come see more! Your photos are simply stunning - the light hits the room just right. You must be in northern BC with all that snow, lol. I have a home on Vancouver Island in Sidney but I'm in Ontario for a couple years.
    Thanks for the inspiration - your lovely images made my morning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty table for Christmas! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Christmas morning table setting is just stunning! Love those snowflake mugs. I have been hunting for something similar to no avail. Thanx for partying at THT!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How wonderful of you to set such a beautiful table for Christmas morning for your family. I was going to ask about the wreaths under the bowls, I will HAVE to make some!!! Adorable! Love the whole setting. I REALLY thought those were live greens in the red pots! Wishing you and yours a Merry and blessed Christmas. XO

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this breakfast table setting for Chrstmas morning! Or for lunch next week. I had not thought to layer my smaller red checked tablecloth over my white table cloth. That is genius. Merry Christmas, Linda bushelandapickle.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".