Pages

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Pear Tablescape

Last Saturday morning, we had the idea that we wanted to catch up with some friends we haven't seen much this summer so we invited them over for dinner that evening. Fortunately, they didn't have other plans and accepted our invitation.

Naturally, I had to come up with a tablescape for the occasion but with the cooking to be done and a bit of house tidying, there wasn't a lot of time.  Whenever that's the case, I opt for my go-to centerpiece items - cylinder vases with inserts.
(Click here to see how to create these type of vases.)
 
Thinking fruits of late summer, I went with a green pear theme and placed one of these faux fruits in the bottom of each vase on top of some pebbles.
 
 A floating candle in the glass insert sits on top of green acrylic beads.
 
In between the vases, I placed these flowers in metallic pots which I took from here. They added the pop of colour the table needed.
 
The pear theme was carried on to the place settings.
 
A pear-green placemat, napkin and dinner plate along with a brown faux-weave charger and a white salad plate make up the place setting. Individual salt & pepper shakers and crackle glass candle holders add functional and decorative elements.

Faux pears serve as placecard holders.
 

And with that, the table was set, ready for guests to arrive.  On the menu was Chicken Rococo(cheddar cheese-filled chicken breasts), grilled prawns & scallops, rice, grilled veggies, broccoli, and green salad with chocolate cake for dessert.

 
Our friends arrived and we had a wonderful evening with lots of laughs and catching up on what's been happening with each other over the summer. The only bad part was that I didn't have much time to take many pics of the table.
 
Hopefully, I've captured the important details that might provide inspiration for you to create your own...

Do you have a go-to centerpiece for the times when last minute table décor is required?
Click here for more info on mine.
 
Thanks for visiting!
I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Saturday Sparks on Pieced Pastimes
Sundays Down Under at Natasha in Oz
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life
Tuesday at Our Home at Our Home Away From Home
Tutorials & Tips at Home Stories A to Z
Talented Tuesdays at Home Remedies
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Sizzle into Summer at DIY by Design
Share Your Style at Rosemary Lane
What's It Wednesdays at Ivy & Elephants
Thursday Favorite Things at Surroundings by Debi
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
Treasure Hunt Thursday at From My Front Porch to Yours
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Five Star Frugal at A Tray of Bliss
Creative Ways at Posed Perfection
Foodie Friday & Everything Else at Rattlebridge Farm
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Weekend Retreat at AKA Design
Show & Tell Friday at My Romantic Home

11 comments:

  1. I love those glass cylinders with the inserts!! Those would be my go-to if I had some, how different they can be with each change of season. Lovely. What a great use for the faux pears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table is beautiful, Lori! I love the pears in the cylinders. It reminds me it's time to bring mine out! And the apples. Your menu sounds fantastic as well. I usually set my table the morning of my dinners. If it's last minute I just grab my cell phone to get pics. All I know is sometimes the table is more blog worthy than the food!! ;-)

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always love your tablescapes....so creative and fun, not to mention functional! I really liked how you used the faux pears for the place card holders! Thanks for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Lanita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just came across your blog this morning. What a delightful site! I have also signed up for email and fb. Looking forward to knowing you better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, so pretty. There is something about the simplicity of a pear that gets me every time. The cylinder glasses are lovely as well. Hope your week is off to a great start. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely table and pretty colors...........
    this would be good for fall as well.
    I love using glass cylinders too, you
    can put all sorts of things in them,
    to give them a different look........

    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your tablescape! I think pears are so artsy and lend themselves to so many lovely decorations. The cylinders with the inserts are very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pear theme! Your table looks pretty! Coming from creative ways

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty in Pear Lori! Last minute parties are always the best!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lori, I love an impromptu dinner party as well! They're the best ones sometimes! This theme is so do-able, and you have such gorgeous ideas. Thanks for sharing with us at Five Star Frugal. Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your tablescape. What a super cute idea for fall. I will be featuring this tonight at my Sizzle into Summer party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks. http://diybydesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".