Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Farmhouse Kitchen Decor

I don't have a farmhouse nor does any room in my house look like it has that style.  However, a few recent purchases inspired me to create a space in my kitchen which has a bit of a farmhouse décor feel.

Even if it's not quite the look, I had a lot of fun creating it and wanted to share it with you.  So here's my take on...

I started with these terrific numbered pocket napkins I found at a wonderful little shop on a recent trip.
 
There is actually a "4" napkin as well but I didn't use it in the display.
 
 
Not having any true farmhouse inspired type of table, I moved this demilune table in from the living room and placed it under the large clock in the kitchen.
 
 
Two chairs from the dining room were also brought in and topped with these flour sack looking pillows.
 
 
Both the top of the table as well as underneath got a dose of décor.
 
These plates with a muted grey & white pattern are melamine and were on sale at Pier 1.
 
They were tucked behind some faux lemons in a metal basket I found at the Thrift Store and set on top of a small suitcase.
 
Here's a look at what's below.
 
 
A sunflower pillow with French writing is resting on a green throw all in a round brown basket.
 
 
A lantern and rooster are perched atop another small suitcase.
 
The full view.
 
This lovely smelling Sunshine candle is from Bath & Body Works.
 
 
It creates a warm glow when lit in the evenings.
 
 

 
 While my touches of farmhouse décor may not be authentic, they are pleasing to me.
 
I'm really not a farm girl in any sense of the word so this is probably the perfect way for me to embrace the trend.
 
Do you like the current farmhouse décor that is in style? Have you added any touches of it to your home?
 
Thanks for visiting!
 
I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Saturday Sparks on Pieced Pastimes
Sundays Down Under at Natasha in Oz
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life
Tuesday at Our Home at Our Home Away From Home
Tutorials & Tips at Home Stories A to Z
Talented Tuesdays at Home Remedies
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Sizzle into Summer at DIY by Design
Share Your Style at Northern Nesting
What's It Wednesdays at Ivy & Elephants
Thursday Favorite Things at Surroundings by Debi
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
Treasure Hunt Thursday at From My Front Porch to Yours
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Creative Ways at Posed Perfection
Foodie Friday & Everything Else at Rattlebridge Farm
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Weekend Retreat at AKA Design
Show & Tell Friday at My Romantic Home

16 comments:

  1. Pretty vignette! I actually love the farmhouse look, and have spent several years working on updating elements of our home - getting rid of some hideous wrought iron railings both outside and inside of our 60s-built home replacing it with farmhouse railings in wood. I did a big sink in the kitchen, taking out the old crummy double sink. Wood floors too. But like most, I am a bit eclectic, so there is a fair amount of Mission/Craftsman style in the decor, plus a bit of country and a bit of Victorian - lots of antiques. It all works somehow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I like farmhouse. Your decorating looks much like my style. I've always had a bit of farmhouse because I came from a country family who had originally farmed. I inherited from them and my in-laws too. I keep my basic antiques and farmhouse and add a bit of other décor that is trending at the time. I've had Americana for a few years. Some of it has gone away and it used for patriotic holiday displays. Recently, I have added some white and cream slip covers, lanterns and updated pillows. Soon to go are wrought iron railings, stainless steel kitchen sink, oak kitchen and bathroom cabinets. Your display is very nice. It adds a great farmhouse touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very cute display! I like the numbers!
    Best,
    Michelle fromsimplysantabara.blogspot.com
    P.S. I'd like to invite you to pop over to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJuly 24, 2015

    I would say this is "uptown" farmhouse. Really pretty vignette; I like farmhouse touches but not the junky look I'm seeing several places. I'd say the farmer must have gotten a raise because this has a bit of elegance to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your display is lovely. I love the farmhouse look, but don't really have a lot of it. My daughter is in the process of bringing farmhouse into her home, and is doing a delightful job. I hope to do a post when she is finished. She has some great ideas, and items to use. You did a wonderful job on this. Very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousJuly 24, 2015

    I like the look of farmhouse décor and you did a great job with your display. Very authentic looking and those numbered napkins are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you did a wonderful display with your home items and those cute pocket napkins. I love how you put everything together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks lovely! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. Watch for your feature on Monday xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the farmhouse look and might try a few of your ideas. Thanks for sharing them at the #sundaysdownunder linky party. I've pinned your post!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you have created the farmhouse style perfectly! Love the pillows, the touch with the suitcase and the basket with the plates and lemons. I live in a Victorian home but I have made my dining room farmhouse/industrial with the furniture and décor. I am most comfortable in that setting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your style is amazing! I saw this post featured over at another party (so sorry...I can't remember) but I wanted to come over and let you know that you have serious skills! I'm silently swooning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really pretty! I love your numbered towels.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lori, I love everything about this. I have a table that is the same style and now you have given me some inspiration about decorating underneath. Where did you get that sunflower pillow? Jody@SouthernSeazons

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your farmhouse decor looks great! Thanx for sharing at THT.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your farmhouse style!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".