Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Fall Decor in the Backyard

With the warm weather last weekend, it was the perfect time to sit and enjoy our backyard cabana area.
 
By adding a few fall accents and cozy comforts, the space was spruced up for the change of season.

 
The leaves on the trees in the woods behind our yard are starting to change colour and make a lovely backdrop to our seating area.
 
Whether it's relaxing with a glass of wine...
 
...with a great magazine to savour
 
...or inviting some friends over for a chat, we are really enjoying our backyard this year.
 
I've added a few fall décor items to enhance the space.  On the firebowl cover, a small fall bouquet and two lanterns sit atop an orange napkin.
 
On top of the "storage table" that hides the propane tank for the firebowl, a pumpkin, candleholders and bouquet add some colour.
 
A full view of the cabana with attached deck.
 
Inside the cabana, the corner shelves are decorated for the season.
 
A faux sunflower arrangement in a pitcher sits on the shelf under the clock.
 
A lantern with some other décor enhances the other corner.
 
And a similar display is created here.
 
As the sun goes down, the outdoor lighting ( strung along our clothesline) becomes more visible.
 
Lighting the firebowl adds light, warmth and ambiance to the cooler evenings of fall.
 
It makes the area seem so much cozier.
 
When we light the firebowl, the cover that usually sits on it gets moved to this storage table which is where the propane tank is hidden.
 
Aaahh, it is wonderful chilling out here!
 
And if we get too chilled, there's a bunch of extra throws to snuggle up in.
 
Mini-lights inside the dining area of the cabana are perfect for making that space feel special too.
 
In my next post, I'll show the details of the fall tablescape I've created out here.
 
Hope you've enjoyed seeing the fall accents I've added to our backyard.
 
If you'd like to see our cabana area in the summer, click HERE
Thanks for visiting!
I'll be linking this post to these fantastic blog parties:
Fall Porch Link Party at Housepitality Designs
Sunday Showcase at Under the Table and Dreaming
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Metamorphosis Mondays at Between Naps on the Porch
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
The Scoop at StoneGable
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life
Tutorials & Tips at Home Stories A to Z
Wow us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
What's It Wednesdays at Ivy & Elephants
Fall into Fall at DIY by Design
2014 Harvest Hop Link Up at April's Homemaking
Creative Ways at Posed Perfection
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Show & Tell Fridays at My Romantic Home
Say G'day Saturdays at Natasha in Oz

10 comments:

  1. I love the fall and love your outdoor space. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Words. I have no words. DANG, woman!!! You have that space looking like a million bucks! I am pinning!!! My Mom has a lovely space on the rear side of her home that could benefit from some of the ideas you have here. I wish I could talk her into getting a fire pit. Those things rock! We would have one if we had a patio. We (meaning my husband) are afraid to have one on the wood deck. Sigh! :-(

    It's amazing how you so beautifully transformed this from the ultimate summer fun spot to this gorgeous autumn retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, such a beautiful space! I be you love sitting in front of the fire on a cool evening...love your outdoor area!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought to decorate the back yard for fall, very pretty, this would be fun for a fall themed get together. I would like to invite you to share your fall themed posts at my 2014 Harvest Hop linky party. http://www.aprilshomemaking.com/2014/10/2014-harvest-hop-link-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm inspired me to sweep the leaves off of the deck and make our backyard a little more welcoming before the snow flies. Such a beautiful space you've created here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous :) What a beautiful place to relax!Love your fall decor- so cozy.I would love if you share it with my fall themed party Big Autumn Bash:
    http://milaslittlethings.com/2014/10/big-autumn-bash-the-link-party.html

    xx
    Mila
    milaslittlethings.com
    milawayable@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, I can't say how much I LOVE this whole area!!! You have made it look FABULOUS!!! Fall is my favorite season and I love decorating for it too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can i invite myself to come and sit in this Paradise garden? I'll take the plaid throw and just sit and enjoy the lights. I take spice cider please as I kick back and relax here.HMMM Ahhh. So nice.Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. The deck and the gazebo look lovely decorated for fall. The gazebo set up for dining is a fabulous place for you to entertain. I love your patio furniture too, very, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. absolutely perfect. i love this space, i want this space! enjoy!
    b

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".