Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Backyard Beverage Station

Before I move on to Fall décor and tablescapes, I wanted to share with you one of the ways I found that made entertaining easier this summer.

By creating a beverage station in the backyard for various gatherings and parties we hosted, a lot of the usual drink-getting duties were avoided.  This allowed us to spend more time with our guests.  Here's a look at the details.

It all started with this beverage cart...
 
 
...which began as a old change table
 
 The vinyl had been stripped off at this point and Mr. Delight spruced it up with some touch ups and a coat of paint for use in it's new capacity.

Then we purchased a few beverage dispensers.
  The outside two are from London Drugs this year and the middle one is from Costco last year.
 Fill them with whatever suits your fancy!
I made tags to identify the contents and tied them around the dispensers.
 
I also made this fun banner for the cart.
 
 
I wanted guests to know that the glasses were on the shelves below on the cart so made these signs as well.
 
I didn't have the sign on it yet in pic below but it shows you how I had the glasses on the shelves underneath. You could also use this area for plates, etc if you were serving food.
 
 It was fun to jump on the "mason-jar-bandwagon" and use some of these with paper straws for drinks.
 
 
Some faux lemons for decorations and a dish of limes for garnish are added to the cart display.
 
On a table beside the cart, I arranged an ice bucket, a pail of different beers and a tray of frozen fruit.
Frozen fruit kabobs along with grapes and raspberries were for garnish but also acted as ice cubes for the drinks.
 
Using the old change table as a beverage cart had me looking around at other things that might serve the same purpose. My sister was kind enough to give me this old table-cart she had.
I didn't get a before picture but didn't do much to it other than dress it up.
 
During the recent engagement party we held in our backyard, it came in handy to hold the beer keg and glasses.
 
Here's a look at the beverage station we set up for that event. (It worked even in the rain!)
 
Beverage stations are easy to create and allow guests to have fun choosing their drinks, adding their own garnishes and mingling at a focal point in your yard.  They also allow you as the hostess to have everything in one spot where you can direct guests to help themselves.
 
Have a look around and see what you can find to create your own beverage station.  It can be as simple as a table or something as unusual as an old change table from when your kids were little!
Thanks for visiting!
 
I'll be linking this post to these fabulous blog parties:
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Say G'day Saturday at Natasha in Oz
Sunday Showcase at Under the Table and Dreaming
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings
Table It! at Rustic & Refined
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life
The Scoop at Confessions of a Plate Addict
Be Awesome Link Party at Echoes of Laughter
Wow us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Fall into Fall at DIY by Design
Creative Ways at Posed Perfection
What's It Wednesdays at Ivy & Elephants

7 comments:

  1. Such a cute idea! You've inspired me to looks for a cart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really good idea. For now I desperately need my changing table, but it's good to know that there will be a great use for it in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so thirsty now! Love the DRINKS bunting so much...would love to have recipes for the drinks too!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! Perfect for parties...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific ideas for everyone attending. Beautiful colors create a fun party feeling. Looks festive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look like you ara great hostess that I am sure your family and guests appreciate very much. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great bar cart for drinks...love that you have it separate to keep traffic flow moving and you styled them up so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".