Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Crystal & Burlap Easter Table

For this year's Easter table, I stayed in my comfort zone, forgoing the usual pastels in favour of a more neutral look.  I've combined burlap with crystal for what I am calling
      "rustic-elegance". 

Hope you enjoy seeing the details - i.e. lots of pics!



 
 Here is the basis of the "elegant" part of  the
"rustic-elegance" theme; two crystal tealight lamps from Partylite years ago. 


The "rustic" additions are the burlap runner which criss-crosses the table as well as the burlap daisy napkin rings (Home Hardware at Christmas- they actually have clips on back so are clipped to raffia tie). A couple of nests and lots of raffia ribbon add to the look.
 



The rustic and the elegance combine for my
       Crystal & Burlap Easter Tablescape.
 
The centerpiece was created using two apothecary jars; one filled with pussy willows and raffia and the other with eggs on a nest of raffia. A rugged cross is added to remind us of the true meaning of Easter.
 
 
The dish "stack" with a bowl that looks like an Easter lily to me. (Pier 1 a few years back)
 
I  recently picked up 6 of these "crystal" candy dishes at a local grocery store for $1 each.  I dressed them up with a name tag and some raffia ribbon and set them inside the "lily" bowls.
 

Lift the lid and there is a little treat for my guests - some Easter chocolates on a bed of raffia.
 
 
 
Some floral shaped tealight holders create a glow at each place setting.
 
 
This brown decorative birdie adds another rustic element to the table.
 
 
 
Photo-editing effect

 
 
A full view of the dining room with the sideboard (you can see the sideboard details here).
 
 
Some evening views ...

 

 
 
 
I love lingering at the table after dinner is finished, conversing and relaxing by candlelight.
 
I'm still working out the details of the menu with my mom (might even be order-in Chinese food like last year! Loved that! Saves time and no one has to work!) but I'm definitely looking forward to spending time around this table with our family on Easter.
 
 
 
Thanks for visiting!
Hope the Easter Bunny brings you a few treats...
 
...and that you have a Blessed Easter rejoicing in the knowledge that Christ is Risen!
He is risen indeed!
Alleluia!
 Happy Easter!

I will be linking this post to these terrific blog parties:
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Be Inspired at Common Ground
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Show & Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Feathered Nest Fridays at French Country Cottage
Say G'Day Saturday at Natasha in Oz
Seasonal Sunday at The Tablescaper
Sunday Showcase at Under the Table and Dreaming
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings
Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Swing into Spring at DIY by Design
Wow us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style


22 comments:

  1. You certainly have captured the idea of rustic elegance. As always, I love your tables. This one is just gorgeous, love your crystal tea lamps. Each element is perfect, sure wish I was sitting at your table. Gorgeous room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so beautiful. I love your gorgeous crystal and then mixing it with burlap is genius. One plays off the other so well. I hope you have a very Blessed Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, your table is so elegant. Love all the crystal. Beautifully done.

    Jocelyn @ http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Staying in your comfort zone has yielded a spectacular table! I love the shine of the crystal pieces against the roughness of the burlap, wreaths and iron birds. Really cool!

    Whether it's Chinese takeout or a peanut butter & jelly sandwich, I hope you enjoy your Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty rustic elegance. The lily bowls with the candy dishes are perfect for the elegant look.
    Have a great Easter!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have set an awesome table! I just love everything. It is elegant with all the crystal and a little rustic with your burlap touches. Amazing! Happy Easter!
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to start this comment by telling that your blog was the first blog I ever read, a few years back while looking for tablescapes and inspiration I ran in to it, after a few months I had computer problems and lost my information so never remember the name of your blog, until today when you left a comment on my tablescape for spring/Easter this year, I am so happy you did so, you are the reason I started doing tablescapes and the reason I found out about a few blogs like between naps, so thank you so much for inspiring me, thank you, thank you THANK YOU.
    Ramon
    Rowhouseblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the neutrals for Easter. I think it adds a touch of sophistication and elegance. Beautiful table!
    Happy Easter to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful table with so many lovely accessories. I too, created a bird inspired table. Very sweet dishes with the crystal bowl filled with a bunny and chocolates. Love your fun shaped bowl. Happy Easter to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your table is stunning! I love the shine of all your beautiful crystal, is like your entire table setting shines! Your accessories are all so lovely and perfect for such an elegant Easter table.
    Happy Easter Sunday!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  11. You set the prettiest tables that nice been admiring for so long, along with your other decor. Thank you for your visit and Happy Easter to you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! What a gorgeous table. The sparkling crystal with all the browns is a stunning effect. And it blends perfectly with the rest of the room. Very pretty. Rustic elegance is a perfect description. Hope your Easter was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Goodness!! This is just one STUNNING tablescape!! Love it and I adore the color of your walls!! I am a color person so that lovely color is right up my alley!!

    Thanks so much for stopping by and for your sweet comment!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  14. How utterly gorgeous! I am a lover of the neutral look too and what you've done with the burlap and crystal is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, the fun we could have if you lived nearby! Tablescapes are indeed a favorite of mine to do. If only I could splurge on more accessories and new pieces. I'm one who has to make do with things from around the house and an occasional thrifty find.
    I will be looking forward to seeing your next tablescape, DD...until then "Happy Spring!"
    JP

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the contrast between the crystal and burlap! So elegant and yet comfortable too. Everything sparkles in the candle light. Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning, with just a touch of burlap! I love your dollar candy dish, what a sweet idea, DD! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

    Hi DD, Thanks so much for coming by and leaving me a comment, because it brought me back to your blog. Your tablescape is beautiful!! Your guests must always feel so special when they sit at your table.
    Thanks so much for sharing your ideas and inspiration.
    Have a great day,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  19. Rustic elegance is the perfect name for this beautiful table! I love the party light set! Never saw them before. Each detail is so well thought out. So, did you order in???:) We had brunch and I cooked almost everything and my daughter brought the french toast casserole. I wanted to ask what the color is on your dining room walls? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is a lot of work! I do love the rustic elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful! Love all the sparkle and shimmer...so nice!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mercy...that is one gorgeous table!!!! Oh my..............
    Blessings,
    J

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".