Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

St. Patrick's Day Table for Six


Are you ready to "get your green on"?   
It's time to join in Cuisine Kathleen's 6th Annual St. Patrick's Day Blog Crawl. 
My maternal great-grandmother was from Ireland and I'm feeling inclined to celebrate my heritage with this
St. Patrick's Day Table for Six
Hope you enjoy seeing it and all the other Irish goodies linked to Kathleen's party!




This tablescape began with three white "lacy" pots (maybe reminiscent of Irish lace?) with boxwood and shamrocks placed on top. These were then placed on square white plates and surrounded by shamrock garland.
 
 
A little lucky leprechaun enjoys a rest while surveying all the green.
 
Three of these little pots o' gold (had for years) were placed around the center plate/pot.
 
 
I used various shades of green dishes on a gold charger with gold coloured flatware.
(the bowls were a bday gift from my sister-in-law, I love their colour!)
 
The napkin is decorated with a tiny green beer stein tied with ribbon to the napkin ring.
 
The stemware was given some extra flair with shamrock vinyl cling-ons and wired shamrock garland both from the Dollar Store.
Candles decorated in the same manner were added to each place setting.
 
Below, you can see how I criss-crossed the green table runners to act as placemats.
 
 
 
This table is set in preparation for a St. Patrick's Day meal to be held hopefully sometime this weekend. 
Because of Mr. Delight's erratic work schedule, it will be a last-minute-cooking-session with last-minute-guests-who-are-able-to-attend (switching out the sample placecard names I've used) which is, more often than not, the way we have to do things around here.

So it may be a St. Paddy's Day luncheon or...
 

...a St. Patrick's Day dinner by the glow of candlelight, 
but either way, the scene is set to celebrate in style!

If you'd like to see the St. Pat's décor on my sideboard, click here.
 
Now grab a bottle of Guinness or a glass of Bailey's Irish Cream and head on over to Cuisine Kathleen's Blog Crawl to get inspired for the upcoming Irish holiday!
I'll be linking this post to these fantastic blog parties:
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
Be Inspired at Common Ground
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper
Sunday Showcase at Under the Table and Dreaming
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
 


27 comments:

  1. I just finished admiring your vignette on the side board! This is stunning. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Your room is stunning and your table is gorgeous. I love the sparkle of gold. You did it up right with every detail. The ambience of the candlelight sets the stage for an elegant evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your white lace pots of boxwood and shamrocks! I have those pots and never would have used them like this and it really works nicely. Your table is fabulous! Ready for some celebrating of the green.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! I want some of those pots -- are they Ikea?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your creativeness! Those little beer mugs tied on are too cute! Love the lace pots with the boxwood balls and the leprechauns on top! The sideboard looks fabulous too and I see the cross in the center! The shamrock garland really ties things together nicely and the shamrock cling-ons were a brilliant idea! Have a Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful tables cape.

    Happy St. Patrick's Day.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sure hope you can have your dinner this weekend. Your guests will be in for a real treat at your beautiful table. Love the three little pots o' gold!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your post kept me for awhile looking at all the creativeness..wow,,so stunning!
    Happy St. Patrick's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful table and I love those white, lacy pots. I have the same boxwood globes :). Beautiful dishes too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful celebration!

    - Alma, The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your table looks great and it's so festive! I love your centerpiece! The gold chargers and flatware look perfect with the green plates and bowls. All the shamrocks add the perfect Irish touch. :) I'm sure your guests will enjoy their luncheon (or dinner) at this lovely Irish table.

    Visiting from Kathleen's Blog Crawl -- Happy St. Pat's Day!

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous table! Wonderful in every way. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful green details with pops of gold. Perfect for celebrating St. Pat's Day. Thanks for sharing this fun, festive tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your table is beautiful! I love the gold napkins and your yellow tulips are gorgeous! Enjoy your CB&C:@)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful table. Love your pot of gold and those green plates.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do hope you are able to enjoy your wonderful table! Even if you don't get to eat here, I know you will enjoy looking at all the fun and festive decor throughout the weekend. Your 3 lacy pots are perfect!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful and festive table! So much eye-appeal here! The repeated elements in the centerpiece look wonderful and really set the stage for the celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love all of the well thought-out details in your table. Definitely a feast for the eye. Your centerpiece (as always) is wonderful. Hope you have a fun St. Pat's!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! I love those boxwoods in the white lace pots..very festive table..
    Love, Mona

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely tablescape. Your centerpiece is really special.and a real attention getter.
    Have great St Paddy's Day,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! It would be an honor to sit at this table. I love those little lace topped tins and the china is so pretty.
    Have a great week, DD.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a stunning table! the miniature steins are so cute and I love your centerpiece. The plates are very pretty, everything on the table is....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's hard to pick a favorite thing on your table, but I think it just may be the lacy pots filled with boxwood. Everything else plays beautifully off the centerpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lunch or dinner, count me in! What a great table, so much fun! I love the pots too, I have my eye on them at Ikea, I have the chargers that match.
    Thanks so much for taking part in the 6th annual St. Pat's Bog Crawl! Slainte'!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So pretty! The yellow tulips are beautiful with all your green! Thanks so much for sharing at Amaze Me Monday...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".