Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Canadian Thanksgiving

Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving on the second Monday of October. 
 
We were fortunate to have had two dinners last weekend to celebrate this special holiday.

On Saturday evening, my parents hosted the larger family gathering at their house with a delicious ham and scalloped potatoes dinner.
On Sunday, I prepared a traditional turkey dinner with all the fixings for a much smaller group.

 
  Of course, whether the gathering is for a few or many, the table should be set to reflect the significance of the occasion. This silver turkey from HomeSense made the perfect centerpiece.

 

It was placed on a clear pedestal cake plate and nestled amongst a faux berry wreath along with some glittered pumpkins and silver wire balls. 

 
 
 
A square silver candle and a mercury glass candleholder were placed on each side of the turkey centerpiece.
 
 
Place settings were created using white and orange dishes on a silver charger.
 
 
A side view of a place setting.
 
The full table view.
 
The sideboard was decorated to compliment the colours used on the table.
 
 Silver candlesticks and ...
 
 
 
...orange mini-pumpkins
 
 
 
with tall branches and more pumpkins in the corner.
 
 
Though we were few in numbers, we celebrated in style and of course, were thankful for the meal and our many blessings.

 
 
I hope all my fellow Canadians had a wonderful Thanksgiving and wish my American friends all the best for their upcoming holiday in November. 
 
Thanks for stopping by!


 
I'll be linking this post to these fantastic blog parties:
:
Tutorials, Tips &Tidbits at Stone Gable
Fall into Fall at DIY by Design
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
Show & TellFriday at My Romantic Home
Be Inspired Friday at Common Ground
Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper
Sunday Showcase at Under the Table and Dreaming
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings
Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Wow us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
Let's Dish at Cuisine Kathleen
Tutorials & Tips at Home Stories A to Z
The InspirationGallery at Craftberry Bush
Thanksgiving Decorations at Mums Make Lists
Metamorphous Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace


35 comments:

  1. Your table is stunning, love all the elements of the Mercury glass and the pumpkin orange and the white and the earth tone, I just love it all, such a beautiful and inviting space,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving from one Canadian to another!!
    Love your table setting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving and your table looks so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your centerpiece ! Your table was beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving! I love your colors - nice mix of warm and cool! That turkey centerpiece is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautifully done. I'll have to remember this setting in November.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful table setting. I love all of it. I didn't realize y'all celebrated in October but it looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Thanks for sharing your beautiful table with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Just Wow! Stunning DD! I love your use of the silver with the traditional Fall oranges and golds! That has to be the most elegant turkey I have ever seen :-) Thank you for sharing your holiday table!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't know the timing of Canadian Thanksgiving. Thanks for the education! Your table is gorgeous - that silver turkey? Stunning!
    His blessings,
    Kim @ Curtain Queen Creates

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just gorgeous , it takes your breath away , thanks for sharing :0.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a gorgeous table, so warm and elegant!....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is only one word to describe your table but elegant! The silver turkey is the perfect piece for the centerpiece with the candles and pumpkins. I love the place setting with the leaf bowl and napkin. Glad you had a wonderful Canadian Thanksgiving for everything was beautiful!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy belated Thanksgiving to all up North! Your centerpiece is beautiful!! The whole setting is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Love all of the details, the fall colors, the mercury glass...wonderful table.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simple stunning! You captured the seasons' colours perfectly. Every Thanksgiving I always think of our year we lived out west. For whatever reason, this season always sticks in my memory. It was so beautiful out there, and I remember it was a perfect Thanksgiving backdrop. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a wonderful table.

    You're always welcome at Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just beautiful! I love the turkey and all of the mercury glass and silver.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

    Thanks so much for coming by and leaving me a comment, as it lead me back to your lovely site.
    Your Thanksgiving table setting is beautiful. I bought a turkey just like the one you have as your centerpiece a few weeks ago. I love it!
    Have a beautiful week,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  19. Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

    Thanks so much for coming by and leaving me a comment, as it lead me back to your lovely site.
    Your Thanksgiving table setting is beautiful. I bought a turkey just like the one you have as your centerpiece a few weeks ago. I love it!
    Have a beautiful week,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  21. A beautiful and festive table, glowing the amber and sparkling with silver, strewn with fall's fiery foliage and set for loving guests, to celebrate and give thanks for their blessings.

    Thanks for stopping by Poppy View and hope to see you again, soon.

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  22. How lovely! I just love everything but man would I love to have a turkey like that! No kidding he is amazing. As always everything is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'll trade you my mercury glass pumpkins for your chandelier! Wow that is so pretty! Your whole room is gorgeous, a beautiful setting for a special Thanksgiving meal! I love your big proud silver turkey sitting proudly on that nest of leaves, bittersweet and pumpkins. I am pinning this for reference for our Thanksgiving!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  24. Really awesome.. What a variety dude... Great festive table .. Nice to see... Very proud of canadians...
    get followers on instagram

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a gorgeous Thanksgiving table. LOVE the silver turkey and the pumpkin colors with silver.
    I especially like your chandelier and lamps on the sideboard, too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, everything looks so pretty! Festive touches with your beautiful chandelier...nice!
    Thank you for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow how beautiful! Your centerpiece is fabulous! I wish I had a HomeSense near me because I want that turkey! The silver accents are fabulous and I love those leaf bowls. Love the side view of the place settings...beautifully done! I kind of wish our Thanksgiving was earlier like yours since it ends up so close to Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Everything looks gorgeous! Belated Happy Thanksgiving to you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your table is perfection, however my favorite was the fall vignette you displayed in the buffet. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a gorgeous tablescape!! Love all the sweet fall decorations! :) Happy weekend! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous table! Love the centerpiece.
    Have a great week...

    ReplyDelete
  32. I knew I would love your Thanksgiving table. It is just stunning!! Mr. Turkey looks grand right along with your traditional colors. You always have beautiful tables.

    ReplyDelete
  33. A "belated Happy Thanksgiving"...I know your guests felt very cherished & welcomed at this GORGEOUS table!
    So many pretty things to look at & appreciate...very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often..

    rachelle madrigal
    www.imarksweb.org

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".