Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Easter Spring Mantel

I've had my mantel decorated for Spring/Easter for awhile now but I'm still not sure about it.  I'll need your opinion after I show you the details.


 
 
 
I really struggled to come up with something Spring/Easter-y that went with the look of our new stone fireplace, the black mirror and the dark beam mantel. (if you want, you can see our FP makeover here).

 
As many of you know, I don't care for pastel colours which are usually associated with Easter. It is probably a good thing since I didn't think they looked right on the mantel anyway.
 
 
I began by putting this wreath on the mirror hoping to soften the harsh blackness of it.
 
 
 
I decided to use my cream coloured lanterns filled with greenery and white mini-lights. I also placed some greenery in a black pot with some faux eggs on a brown pedestal.
 
 
A cream coloured bunny sits beside the lantern on the other side of the mantel.
 
 
The true message of Easter is framed and placed in the middle. (free printable from If I Could blog)
 
 
 
 
I used the terrific free printable SPRING banner from At Second Street blog. I did mine in black and white and just attached it with tape to the rod we have below the mantel.
 
In the evenings, we enjoy having the soft glow from the mini-lights in the lanterns and behind the mirror.
 
 
 
I made an arrangement of real pussy willows and faux cherry blossoms for the hearth area.
 
 
Do you think I was able to create a Spring/Easter vibe using the cream items with the darker colours? Or should I try taking down the black mirror next year? Force myself to use pastel colours?  Please let me know your ideas.
 
Thanks for visiting.
 
I'll be linking up this post to these terrific blogs:
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Its a Spring Thing at French Country Cottage
Swing into Spring at DIY by Design
Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper
Sunday Showcase at Under the Table and Dreaming
Metamorphis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Tabletop Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
 
 
 

14 comments:

  1. Love, love, love it!! Don't change a thing......I think it's so nice to make displays that are a bit out of the box.
    Suzyq

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I wouldn't change a thing!! I really like the contrast of the black with the lights. I think it is assesorized just beautifully and I love the look of the stone. I know what you mean about the pastels, sometimes they just don't feel right. Love your blog...I will be back!! Thanks for the inspiration. Think I will make some changes on my mantel too, it is still kind of wintery...ha. I am always so behind ;) Blessings to you, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the WOW factor! I love the theme and the stone fireplace. Beautiful! He has risen indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your Spring mantel!!! I'm not a huge fan of pastels, either, and I don't like all of the "cutesy" Easter decorations that you most often find in stores. Between both of these, it's hard to come up with good ideas. But you definitely succeded!!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Lanita

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's perfect. If you aren't into pastels don't bother. I like your choices of the cream colored bunnies and the lantern are beautiful with the greenery and lights.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty!

    I'd love to have you link this to Seasonal Sundays. The link goes up at 7:00 on Saturday evening.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  7. What...are you trippin'??!?!?!! NO, don't take that mirror down, girl! And do NOT...I repeat, DO NOT force yourself to use any colors you don't particularly care for! This is your HOME! The place where you take refuge from the rest of the world. The place where you share your most endearing times. The place where most memories are made. The place into which you invite those you love to share in your life. And last, although a little more harsh to say, it is the place where you have spent the most money for something!!!! Just think of that! Most of us spend more money on our home than anything else ever! So it should reflect YOUR tastes, YOUR comforts, YOUR flair. Pastels aren't the only colors privy to Easter joy! I think you have done it up just right with creamy decor that complements the fireplace, greenery for a bit of nature and color, and the seasonal eggs and bunnies that lend themselves to the Easter holiday. You softened the black mirror with the overlay, and you extended the florals down to the floor level.

    You've hit it, so quit it! :-) :-) :-) And enjoy the fruits of your labor and creativity!

    Thanks for stopping by my place earlier! I enjoyed and appreciate your visit! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it is wonderful and I love that you use the lanterns. You have such an incredible "eye" - do not change a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi lovely lady.
    Your Spring mantel is Beautiful!!! I'm also not a huge fan of pastels on the mantel either, I do like your Easter decorations that you did put up sweet.. You did a Beautiful job putting this altogether!! I always have a hard time coming up with good ideas for my mantel.
    Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful Easter with your family, and thanks so much for your sweet comments on my new Easter Tablescape.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to tell you I came upon your blog awhile ago...before I started blogging. I have been following you for awhile. You are a very talented lady. Your tablescapes are just beautiful,as is your mantel. I'm glad I came across your blog..Have a Happy Easter! Denise

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it looks wonderful and would not change a thing! I truly do not believe you should ever do something that doesn't feel right to you just because it is the "norm" or the current trend.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love your mantel vignette, the eggs around the pots is such a clever idea and I adore your bunny and lanterns. Gorgeous. Thanks for joining TTT and I wish you a very Blessed Easter. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Easter vignette. Your mantel is lovely :) Easter greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".