Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Christmas in Gold and Brown


Hi again my friends! I had a little bloggy-break while I went to visit my kids but I'm back now to share a bit of Christmas tablescaping. 
 
With Thanksgiving and Halloween over, it is time to move on to Christmas decorating! Since I'm just starting that process, I'll show you a table I did LAST YEAR but never posted till now.

 Earthy tones seem to go well with my home decor so I tried a gold and brown colour scheme with the above centerpiece idea as a starting off point. A wreath of faux pine/cedar was decorated with copper poinsettias, gold berry picks and large decorative acorns.  This was placed around a hurricane shade on a wood pedestal.

On each side of the centerpiece, I placed a votive in glass holder with greenery cut from a long garland and a few pinecones and ball ornaments.

Place settings consisted of gold placemats, copper chargers and butter-coloured dishes.


Placecard holders were created using small glass bowl ("tasting" type mini's) filled with a gold beaded napkin ring and small ornament with name tag.

You will notice I tried out two different napkin colours and folds.  The dark brown one above was simply placed under the placecard holder and below...
...I tried out a gold napkin folded accordion style with a gold ring and fork placed inside.


For the stemware, I selected an amber glass for red wine and a multi-edged clear one for white wine.

This is how it all came together...


   The snowy view out the windows in these pictures makes me wish we had some snow on the ground now to put me in the mood for Christmas decorating.  I'm sure the white stuff isn't far off though so I best get with it!
Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have you started decorating yet?

I'll be linking this post to the following terrific blog parties:
Centerpiece Wednesdays at The Style Sisters
Wow Us Wednesday at Savy Southern Style 
Tablescape Thursdays at Between Naps on the Porch
Tabletop Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home  
Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper
Let's Dish at Cuisine Kathleen 
Sunday Showcase at Under the Table and Dreaming


12 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous setting. I am partial to these colours anyway but you have made them look even more elegant.
    The fork in the napkin....great idea.
    It may be hard for you to top this table this year. You had better get started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous table and centerpiece! Love everything...your dining room looks so cozy and elegant! Happy Thanksgiving!
    Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you'll have to really work hard to top that setting. Absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One word....GORGEOUS!! Beautiful table setting, decor, and tree. Festive, warm, inviting, and elegant.
    XO ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous tablesetting! I love the deep, rich colors. The snow outside is picture perfect!! Wishing you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your table is stunning! I especially love your placecard holders - beautiful! I can't wait to start Christmas tablescaping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, yes, yes, yes, yes, YES to the brown and gold tones!!!!!!!!! SO pretty! Mmmmmm...the glow is just so neat! I can almost smell the evergreens from here! The snow on the ground outside...not so cool. NOT a fan of snow! I guess it just comes with winter when you live in the places we do, but the drivers...egads!!!! I love the way you did the place cards! Very cool! It's nice that you had this unpublished table to kick off the holiday season. Not as much pressure to get something together! Glad to see you back! Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These rich colors are cozy and elegant. I love the way you nested the ornament place holder in the napkin ring in the glass bowl. I like the look of the darker napkins but the lighter napkins also look nice. Each gives its own special touch to the setting. The centerpiece arrangement is lovely, too. Really enjoyed this table setting! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous! What rich colors,they look so pretty with the tree glowing in the background!
    Thanks for linking to Let's Dish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".