Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

White Pumpkins and Crystal for Thanksgiving

 As promised in my recent post, here is a look at my Thanksgiving tablescape from last weekend.  My inspiration came from my desire to create a rustic-yet-elegant table setting to go with our new dining room furniture. 

I started with this faux white pumpkin (Michael's)...



...along with two of these crystal tealight lamps (Partylite years ago).



My centerpiece was created by grouping a little turkey (HomeSense years ago) on a crystal pedestal amongst three metal pine cone "trees" (Home Outfitters recently - see below)
 with some wheat sheaves, a cross and white pumpkin in between two crystal candle holders.


 Side Note: Below, you can see the metal pine cone trees actually came with a top plate for a candle but I got Mr. Delight to cut it off with bolt cutters as I like it better without.


The place settings started with white placemats, silver chargers, brown edged dinner plates,
a white and a clear salad plate topped with a white floral bowl.


Decorative items of a small white pumpkin, wheat sheaves and a silver-berry napkin ring were placed on top of each brown napkin.



Something VERY different for me was that I didn't use a tablecloth! 
 With our brand new table, I wanted to let the dark wood show and thus, it was incorporated into my colour scheme.






The addition of a cross to our table reminds us to give thanks to our Lord for all His blessings 
 including the greatest gift of salvation we have through Him.



The view looking into the living room...

The updates to our dining room included this more modern chandelier.  It took a bit to get used to but I'm really loving it now especially with the extra "bling" of the crystal pendants.
I like that the new furniture has more of a rustic look and the chandelier adds an unexpected elegance which is also the feeling I wanted to create on the table using the white pumpkins and crystal.


The metal wall art on the new sidebar/buffet was on trial and has gone back to the store. Although it looks okay in these pictures,
in real life, the colours weren't right and it wasn't really the look we were going for.  I'm hoping to find a large mirror for the space.

 Thanks for visiting.  Hope all my fellow Canadians had a very Happy Thanksgiving last week and that maybe I've provided some inspiration for my American friends to try for their upcoming holiday in November.
I'll be linking this post to these terrific blog parties:

Wow Us Wednesday at Savy Southern Style 
Tablescape Thursdays at Between Naps on the Porch
Tabletop Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home  
Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper
Let's Dish at Cuisine Kathleen 
Sunday Showcase at Under the Table and Dreaming



14 comments:

  1. I have the same idea in mind for Thanksgiving!! LOL!!!! I bought the same white pumpkins from Michaels; and I have been pulling all of my crystal together!!! You did a beautiful job with this look! LOVE it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi darling, your table is beautiful. I love the mix of elements. The crystal only adds to it's beauty. The chandy is gorgeous!!! What a warm welcoming table you've set..hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  3. First - your furniture is beautiful; I can understand why you didn't use a tablecloth! I love fine linens, but I also sure do like the bare wood! And you did a great job incorporting the table's finish with your 'scape, which is beautiful too. I love the contrasts of the "rough"/dark and the crystal and the white pumpkin. The bowls at each place are a beautiful touch too. Here from Seasonal Sundays. :) ~Zuni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great new table! Love, love your Thanksgiving tablescape. Such a beautiful elegant look with perfect linens. Love this look!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Love the white pumpkins.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous table. I agree with you, sometimes the wood is just too pretty to cover up. Your table is beautifully dressed. love the pumpkins on the crystal. The bowls are lovely with their fall touches. Truly a beautiful setting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully placed table. Gorgeous and very elegant!
    What a talent!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just stunning! I loved the look without a tablecloth, beautiful wood! Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful table!! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty and sophisticated! I especially love the decor on the table settings.
    We just started back up our link parties and we would love if you came and linked up at The Humble Brag. Each week, one lucky featured blogger will get one free week of advertising, which mean thousands of ad views a day! Hope to see you there.
    http://www.oneprojectcloser.com/the-humble-brag-link-party-3/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous! I would leave this setting in place just to enjoy its beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks so beautiful! I bought some similar fabric with just this look in mind. I plan to use white pumpkins & mercury glass, but the addition of crystal is brilliant, thanks for the inspiration! I think a mirror in your new dining room would be stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hei,
    Ich bin begeistert von ihre Tischdekos...ist eine schöner als der andere.WoW!Ich möchte diesen Blog folgen und mir Anregungen holen.Mein Blog ist nicht so schön aber Bunt:)).
    Schönes Wochenende wünsche ich Euch.Bussi.Luciene.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".